Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEAL Officer – Regional Programming Unit.
The Regional Programme Unit focuses on: protecting children during migration & displacement by developing the ability of institutions that deal with children, protecting children affected by armed conflict by building the capacity of peace keeping forces, influencing regional level policies in all of SCI’s areas of work and builds a body of knowledge on protection issues for the global organisation. The Regional Programme Unit delivers activities with regional institutions: training workshops, consultation events, learning events, research. It supports civil society partners to deliver activities that are aligned with the regional ambition and coordinates the work of COs for multi-country initiatives
The MEAL Officer role exists to establish consistent MEAL practices across the RPU portfolio and to provide support to the research and learning agenda for the RPU. He/ She will support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in Save the Children RPU program, build the capacity of staff and partners and coordinate information management and reporting systems. The MEAL Officer will thus work with program staff to actively seek to incorporate innovation, best practices, and lessons learned for improvement of programme quality. He/she will lead on ensuring alignment with the Save the Children MEAL framework and minimum standards.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Degree in Development Studies, Knowledge Management or in Social Sciences.
- Trained in MEAL and Data collection and analysis software and methodologies.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability; demonstrated ability to handle complex knowledge management issues
- Extensive practical experience in applying information technology to the implementation of knowledge management and knowledge sharing strategies
- Proven ability to write concise reports and deliver effective oral presentations
- Experience in working on child protection and child rights
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively in remote teams.
- Excellent partnership building and maintaining skills and ability to guide multiple partners towards achieving agreed outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English. Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point)
- Proven data analysis and report writing skills
- Good understanding of child participation, child protection and child rights governance issues
- Knowledge of regional bodies such as the African Union, East African Community, SADC, ECOWAS and Eastern Africa Standby Force is an added advantage
- Strong self-starter who is able to take initiative
- Commitment to Save the Children aims, values and policies, including child safeguarding and data protection
Contract duration: 12 months(renewable)
Location: Nairobi – Regional Office
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Closing Date: 7 Jun 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents