Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs; no distributors or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across East and West Africa use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Senior Director, Sales and Operations Planning
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Deputy CEO
About the Role
The Senior Director Sales & Operations Planning is responsible for building and implementing a world class S&OP process with the aim of improving customer satisfaction, profitability, stockholding, lead times and working capital. The core functions of the position include strategic and tactical decision-making related to balancing demand with supply and aligning volume/mix with capacity and capability. The position is accountable for driving supply chain planning through quantitative and qualitative analysis, providing recommendations to support planning initiatives and integrate financial and operating plans within strategic objectives, delivering improved operating and financial results.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an integrated supply chain planning processes that effectively supports Wasoko’s growing and dynamic business model
- Develop and implement processes and analytics that produce accurate Demand plans (Sales, Promotion, Pricing) and Supply plans (Purchasing, Capacity, Fulfillment)
- Partner with senior stakeholders in Commercial and Logistics to regularly evaluate actual vs forecast accuracy and work to improve accuracy accounting for external factors
- Develop metrics, tools and reporting that will enable teams to better achieve service levels and targets
- Develop, monitor and revise fulfillment and sourcing plans to drive workforce and asset optimization while meeting the needs of the customer
- Bachelor degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business, Engineering, or related field
- 8-10+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management (including Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and/or Inventory Planning in an FMCG Environment)
- Possess a strong understanding and application of forecasting principles, capacity planning concepts and practices. Ability to explain to business partners how S&OP works
- Solid team player with a Customer First mindset
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mindset and a structured problem-solver
- Self-motivated and desire to learn and seek new challenges
- Solid presentation skills and proficiency with SQL, Power BI/Tableau.