Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mentor – Lolmolog Location
Job Title: BOMA Mentor
Positions: One (1) position
Reporting to: Field Officer
Terms: Contract – One (1) year
Location: Lolmolog Location
County: Samburu Cluster Office
The BOMA Project is a fast-growing non-profit in US and a Kenyan NGO that is implementing a high-impact income and savings program for ultra-poor women in the drylands of Africa. We do this through the Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP), an innovative two-year poverty graduation program for women living in extreme poverty in Northern Kenya. BOMA helps pastoral women to start small businesses in their communities so they can earn a sustainable income, pay for food and medical care, send their children to school, survive drought and accumulate savings for long-term family stability.
- Manage the Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP), BOMA’s program that helps low-income women start businesses to uplift their living standards.
- Provide mentorship and monitoring to the agreed number of small business enterprises.
- In a collaborative process with the community (Participatory Rural Appraisal) and BOMA Location Committees, target and identify eligible women for the program, based on BOMA’s criteria.
- Meet with established business groups, help them make decisions about their business and offer other guidance as needed.
- Conduct/deliver business and savings skills trainings and mentor (provide guidance and support) to the businesses in the designated location and surrounding manyattas.
- Survey individuals and collect data on living standards, participation in savings groups, and other relevant information.
- Represent BOMA in the designated location, including as a representative for the organization in local development committees.
- Report on the businesses and savings groups’ performances to the Field Officer on monthly
- Perform a minimum of agreed visits per week to the business groups and savings groups for which you are responsible and upload all data collected at a minimum rate of once a month.
- Document and report on REAP stories of transformational Change
- Support and link REAP participants to market and other financial inclusion opportunities
- At least a Diploma in Business Management, Community Health, Social Work, Or Another Related Discipline.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in similar work; with proven experience in data collection
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills; candidates should be able to relate well to both the women with whom we work, and the BOMA Field Officer.
- Be self-driven, and able to work with minimal staff supervision
- Must be a native of the respective ward you are applying for with working knowledge of English, Swahili, and the local language.
- Have a valid motorcycle license and has experience on how to ride a motorcycle.
“Strongly encouraged – Have a valid motorcycle license and experience on how to ride a motorcycle or (at least present a motorcycle license within the first 3 months of employment)”
How to Apply:
Interested and suitable qualified candidates to submit their application, including Cover Letter, detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and three professional referees to email@example.com (do not include copies of certificates). Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Cover Letter. The subject line of your application should be clearly marked Mentor- Lolmolog Location.
Applications must be received by Tuesday, 7th June 2022; late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Note – Preference will be given to candidates who come from and are currently residing in Lolmolog Location.