Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mentor – Loima
Job Title: Mentors (5 positions)
Reports to: Field Officer – REAP General
Job titles of persons supervised: N/A
Job location: Lorugum (1), Kalemunyang (1), Lochor-Edome (1), Lomeyan (1), Napeikar (1)
Contract terms: One year
1. The BOMA Project Introduction:
The BOMA Project is a fast-growing non-profit in US and a Kenyan NGO that is implementing a high-impact income and savings program for ultra-poor women in the drylands of Africa. We do this through the Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP), an innovative two-year poverty graduation program for women living in extreme poverty in Northern Kenya. BOMA helps pastoral women to start small businesses in their communities so they can earn a sustainable income, pay for food and medical care, send their children to school, survive drought and accumulate savings for long-term family stability.
2. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the adapted Rural Entrepreneur Access Project (REAP) for Nutrition Business groups by monitoring and providing mentorship to the participants.
- In a collaborative process with the community (Participatory Rural Appraisal) and working closely with the village councils, target and identify eligible program participants based on the standard criteria
- Conduct regular data entry of business groups, saving groups and motorcycle log sheets using a mobile data collection platform
- Conduct nutrition integrated business skills training and savings skills training to participants within the REAP locations.
- Participate in data collection for participants during baseline, mid-line and end line surveys and any other data collection activities.
- Represent BOMA in the designated Ward, including being a representative at the local development committees.
- Draft reports on Business and Saving groups performance within the respective Wards/locations.
- Perform a minimum of agreed visits per week to the business and savings groups for which you are responsible and upload all data collected on daily basis.
- At least a Diploma in Community Development, Social Work or another related discipline.
- Minimum one (1) year experience managing livelihood and community development projects, specifically with a nutrition component. Proven experience in data collection is an added advantage.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills; candidates should be able to relate well to both the women with whom we work, and the BOMA Field Officer.
- Be self-driven, and able to work with minimal staff supervision
- Must be a native of the respective ward you are applying for with working knowledge of English, Swahili and the local language
- Have a valid motorcycle license and has experience on how to ride a motorcycle
“Strongly encouraged – Have a valid motorcycle license and experience on how to ride a motorcycle or (at least present a motorcycle license within the first 3 months of employment)”
How to Apply:
Interested and suitable qualified candidates to submit their application, including Cover Letter, detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not include copies of certificates). Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Cover Letter. The subject line of your application should clearly mark the location you are applying e.g., Mentor Lorugum (1), Mentor Kalemunyang (1), Mentor Lochor-Edome (1), Mentor Lomeyan (1), Mentor Napeikar (1).
Applications must be received by Wednesday 8th June 2022; late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Note – Preference will be given to candidates who come from and are currently residing in the locations/villages they are applying the job.