IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Senior Student Affairs Officer – Sports Coordinator, the position holder is responsible for maintaining constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Treat the pool with appropriate concentration of chemicals on a regular schedule.
- Monitor pool-related activities closely throughout shift and identify any safety issues.
- Direct swimmers out of the pool in hazardous conditions.
- Monitor weather reports closely to ensure safety of students and employees.
- Provide swimming lessons and swim team coaching when available.
- Maintain a clean environment in and around the pool.
- Provide assistance to patrons when appropriate or necessary.
- Open the pool each day and close it down each evening, depending on schedule and hours.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in sports Science or related field from an accredited institution.
- First Aid certifications.
- Experience teaching swim lessons or coaching swim team highly desirable.
- 2+ years’ lifeguard experience preferred.
- Must be a certified life guard.
- Must have an advanced first aid training certificate.
- Must be a strong Swimmer and physically fit.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability.
If you have the requisite qualifications and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com with the subject ‘LIFEGUARD’ and include a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names, email addresses and telephone contacts of three referees by 5.00pm on Tuesday, June 14, 2022.
United States International University – Africa
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya