Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Digital Divide Data (DDD)
Digital Divide Data (DDD) is a US-based non-profit, mission-driven enterprise with the goal of using technology and digital skills to bridge the divide between economically and socially marginalized youth and employment opportunities that lead to a sustainable and viable future. DDD identifies talented but underserved youth in Africa and Asia (Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos are the main centers) to enter formal employment, undergo professional training and skills development, and pursue tertiary education. Our headquarters are in New York, and we have over 1,500 employees across our operations in Kenya, Cambodia, and Laos.
Purpose of the position
We are looking for an experienced and motivated information technology manager who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that computing systems and equipment are operating effectively and efficiently in Digital Divide Data.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry’s best practices and evidence a professional track record of effective technical management, information analysis, IT projects implementation and a thorough understanding of computer hardware and software systems. The candidate will have a ‘go-getter’ attitude to get problems fixed in a timely manner.
- Manage the organizations security solutions including but not limited to firewalls, routers and switches.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, operating systems.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Team lead for the help desk and technical services assistance to on-site and remote employees.
- Manage multiple cloud based, hosted systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Generating performance reports for the organizations IT system.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Implement and coordinate policies and procedures for all areas of information technology to assure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance; assure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Relevant certifications in Microsoft (MCSE or MCSA), Cisco (CCNA/CCNP) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing IT infrastructure, and demonstrated delivering successful projects including certifications e.g. ISO 27001-2013.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, telephony and IT security.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If interested kindly submit your application on or before 10th June 2022.