Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project description: The Spatial repellents (SR) project is funded by UNITAID and seeks to fill the gaps for assessing spatial repellent products efficacy, deployment and uptake strategies. In this regard, Kenya has been selected as the site for conducting the epidemiological evaluation of spatial repellent product efficacy in a high malaria transmission setting. This study will be conducted in Busia County over the next two years. The project seeks to fill the following position(s).
Position: Clerk – Community Interviewer J/G KMR 10 (1 position)
Location: Teso North, Teso South Sub-Counties, Busia County
Duration: 1 year with a possibility of extension
Reporting to: Product managers
- A Minimum mean grade of D+ plus in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Must be able to ride a motorcycle
- Should have a valid driver’s license free of any encumbrance and valid for the class of motorcycle
- Must be willing to reside within the study area
- Able to speak, read and write in English and Kiswahili Ability to speak Teso would be an added advantage
- Experience working with CHVs in the community would be an added advantage
The community interviewers will report directly to product manager and will be responsible for collecting timely and accurate data in their assigned households and health facilities
Skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to operate and take care of an electronic data collection instrument such as a tablet.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members of the community.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
The community interviewers’ responsibilities shall include and not limited to the following:
- Supervise distribution and replacement of Envelopes by community health volunteers (CHVs)
- Coordinate with the CHVs and develop and distribution and replacement plan for Envelopes
- Distribution of Envelopes to the CHVs each morning and collection of used and unused Envelopes for storage at the respective study storage facilities.
- Plan appropriately to ensure availability of all supplies required for product distribution and replacement
- Ensure that data on Envelope distribution and replacement is captured accurately and completely using the tablets
- Attend study debriefing meetings and present reports on progress within assigned clusters
- Be courteous, respectful, honest, proactive, conscientious, punctual and hardworking Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by the management
Terms of Employment: 1-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on education levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI scales plus supplemental amounts.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- KRA tax compliance certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than June 22, 2022.
The subject in the vacancy header should be the vacancy number.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.