Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy No. CGHR/288/04/22
Project description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with Washington State University (WSU) and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seek to undertake a Covid-19 Vaccine Effectiveness (CVE) study in Kenya championed by the Family Health Unit (FHU) in partnership with the Influenza Program. COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness data are currently unavailable in sub-Saharan Africa. In addition, conducting post-introduction CVE studies in sub-Saharan Africa will increase science-based evidence, public confidence, demand, and utilization of available vaccines. This study aims to measure overall and product-specific CVE against laboratory-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infections associated with severe respiratory illness. These projects are pleased to announce the following vacant position.
POSITION: Data Manager
REPORTS TO: PI.
The data analyst’s position requires the incumbent to perform various data management, processing and analysis functions for the influenza program in an accurate and timely fashion. The data analyst will also assist with management of the laboratory related data for other FHU related studies.
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics, computer science or any related field from a recognized training institution
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a busy data processing, management and analysis field.
- Excellent knowledge and working experience of at least one statistical package for data manipulation and analysis (STATA, SPSS, SAS, R) and one database management software (SQL server, MS Access).
- Knowledge of Visual Basic® and other programming languages in the NET environment is an added advantage.
- Experience working with electronic data collection systems in clinical settings will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop an in-depth understanding of study goals and its implementation.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work in a team, with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn additional skills and strategies and implement on the job. Very good interpersonal relations and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
Specific duties and responsibilities
The data analyst will be required to;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data management process and the data being managed.
- Participate in design of data collection tools and data capture applications.
- Design and manage databases and data entry/capture procedures.
- Be involved in data downloading and uploading from mobile devices such as Netbooks, Tablets and Smartphones.
- Participate in developing data analysis plans in consultation with the study investigators and statistician.
- Participate in data retrieval, analysis and interpretation.
- Collate, query and clean data coming in from the field sites including flagging out inconsistencies and/or errors arising from data obtained from the field as part of routine data checks
- Perform various data manipulations, analyses and generate reports and tables as requested.
- Deal with routine problems arising in the course of data handling.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Terms of Employment: 1(one) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months. Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within the relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications should include the following:
Letter of Application (Indicate vacancy number)
Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address Copies of Certificates
Note: Applications must include copies of certificates and Transcripts. Applications without this will be disregarded.
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than June 22, 2022.
The subject in the vacancy header should be the vacancy number.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted