Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Administration & Facilities Assistant, WWF-Kenya
Reports to: Operations Manager, WWF-Kenya
Date: April 2022
I. Mission of the Administration Unit: To plan and monitor all the administrative and facilities management activities of WWF-Kenya to effectively meet the needs across WWF Kenya offices within the policies, procedures and guidelines.
II. Main Purpose and Scope of Role: Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the position holder will take responsibility for the Administration support and executing effective and efficient administration, facilities and asset management; maintaining transparency, integrity and compliance with established rules and regulations of WWF-Kenya, Best Practise and the respective donor regulations.
- Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring employees are properly accommodated in a workplace that supports their needs and expectations
- Participate in identification and evaluation of new office facilities to ensure fitness for purpose
- Ensure all lease agreements are up to date and terms reviewed before renewal
- Support the development and implementation of fleet management and asset management policies as well as the implementation of key administration & logistics plans.
- Maintain records of all permits, licenses, registrations granted to WWF-Kenya by National or County Governments and other relevant regulatory agencies/authorities.
- Ensure adherence to standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in all WWF-Kenya offices; including providing office keys to selected staff only in the Nairobi office.
- Oversee the management, maintenance and usage of official telephone services.
- Develop and implement recommendations to reduce costs and enhance service delivery in all the offices.
- Manage the Nairobi office to ensure that the maintenance and repair of office equipment/furniture and building is effective and presents a professional image.
- Ensure that the office is clean, the grounds and pool maintained
- Manage service providers to ensure that annual service contracts are delivered as and when required (security, cleaning, gardening etc.)
- Records management through ensuring that all logistics and administrative records are regularly filed, up-to-date, accessible to authorized persons only, and safe. This includes both hard copy and soft copy data in WWF-K systems.
- Develops and maintains an archive policy based on contractual and legal requirements; ensure that the archiving system is properly used and that documents being regularly archived are easily accessible.
- Support the development and implementation of WWF-Kenya’s Asset Management Plan for offices, buildings and other assets; ensuring that all WWF assets are properly safeguarded, insured and tracked.
- Preparation of the yearly asset insurance listing ensuring the general, travel and asset insurance covers are procured on time;
- Coordinate with field based teams and make sure all assets are recorded and tagged as per the organization’s Asset policy to ensure maximum return on investment ;
- Ensure physical count and asset verification process of WWF-Kenya’s assets every 2 years;
- Recommend disposal of Assets as per WWF-Kenya’s and Donor’s regulation coordinating with relevant Program and finance teams;
- Coordinate the implementation of asset maintenance providing professional input to protect WWF-Kenya’s resources;
- Assess and manage risks associated with assets and work to minimize losses on asset efficiency;
- Maintains good working condition of office equipment; issuing work orders for repair/maintenance and raising requisitions for replacement;
- Sets up and improves processes that facilitate everyday operations—from maintenance requests to meeting room reservations.
- Any other duties assigned
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands;
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure in a multi-cultural setting;
- Analytical and problem solving skills,
- High personal integrity and good work ethics,
- Good knowledge of facilities and asset management, inventory & asset disposal policies and procedures
- Work experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role for at least 3 years.
- Administration experience for delivering quality service with cost saving benefits.
- Demonstrated experience in business evaluation and advice, risk management e.g. insurance.
- Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Commerce or Supply Chain Management.
- Training and certification in Administrative and Facilities Management is an advantage
Internal: Interacts with field-based administration teams and All WWF-Kenya staff.
External: Interacts with WWF-Kenya’s authorized insurance providers, Government agencies, Regulatory Bodies.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please Click Here to apply for the role.
Applications will close on 14th June 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.