Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Opening date: 3rd June 2022 Vacancy No. KBI/33/06/2022
Position: Legal Intern, (1 position)
Location: Nairobi County
Reporting to: Principal Legal Officer
Job Purpose: Carry out the Institute’s legal processes.
(i) Bachelor’s degree in Law;
(ii) Interest in medical law and company law;
(iii) Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
Key Competencies and Skills
(i) Strong research skills;
(ii) Effective communication skills;
(iii) Strong drafting skills of basic contracts;
(iv) Strong organisational skills;
(v) Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
(vi) Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
(vii) Team player; and
(viii) Excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in contract drafting and negotiations;
- Prepare confidentiality agreements, amendment of agreements, consultancy agreements and other ancillary documents in the context of grants and other services;
- Assist Legal personnel in drafting of the Institute’s regulations, rules or guidelines;
- Assist in the management process of proposed grants and other projects;
- Manage signing of documents and liaise with the project managers where necessary to finalise agreements;
- Carry out legal research on a variety of matters relating to programme issues, legal and regulatory issues;
- Provide input to improve legal processes;
- Open legal files;
- Photocopy file documents;
- File contract and court documents;
- Respond to inquiries regarding specific cases;
- Facilitate payment of legal fees to external advocates;
- Service legal documents to clients and other stakeholders;
- Collaborate with the Senior/Legal Officer in monitoring all contracts and leases – Term and Expiry;
- Obtain the Kenya Gazette weekly and peruse, prepare and submit reports on any matter touching on the Institute;
- Prepare a summary of all contracts;
- Assist in preparation of documents required for legal audits.
- Maintain and update files systematically and accurately to ensure rapid access and retrieval;
- Maintain and updating master diary for court cases; and
- Update and manage the Lease and Licenses register.
Terms of Service
The successful applicant will be appointed on 6 month contract term.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of professional reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the following address, no later than 10th June, 2022 latest 5.00pm.
The Director General
The Kenya BioVax Institute Limited
P.O. Box 30016-00100
Ministry of Health,
P.O. Box 30016-00100,
3rd Floor, Room 312 Afya House.
The Kenya BioVax Institute is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginal areas are encouraged to apply.
Please visit the Ministry of Health web site http://www.health.go.ke for more details on the advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.