Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT INTERNAL AUDITOR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of operations of the Internal Audit department in liaison with the internal auditor.
- Ensures that policies and procedures for the internal audit function are adhered to.
- Influencing, creating and improving internal control systems throughout the Society.
- Assessing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and compliance with set policies.
- Preparation, implementation and supervision of all audit programs in liaison with the internal auditor.
- Conducting special investigations as may be required from time to time.
- Ensuring that audit trails are in place and thus all entries have supporting documents.
- Ensuring adherence to all financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Interprets and explains legislation, rules, regulations and procedures as applied and related to the auditing of programs and operations at the society to subordinate staff, management vendors, contracting agencies and others.
- Supervises auditing of all units and establishments of the society and determines, together with the internal auditor, the scope of investigation required.
- Makes reports to management and the Board, in liaison with the internal auditor, based upon reports and audits and recommends solutions to problems identified through audits.
- Liaises with departmental heads to ensure audit findings and recommendations are fully accepted and implemented.
- Promote a risk awareness culture in the Sacco and enforce compliance to internal monitoring and control procedures.
- Consults with management concerning audit findings and recommends improvements of management controls.
- Ensure operational compliance with strategic plans, international standards, statutes, by-laws etc.
- Ensure optimal utilization of society assets.
- Ensure safe custody of society’s assets.
- Liaises with the HR to handle the performance management; supervision and development of staff within the Internal Audit Department.
- Plans for and attends audit and Supervisory Committee meeting, and writes their minutes as well as implementing their recommendations in the absence of the internal auditor.
- Meet individual and organizational targets.
Requirements and Qualification
- Must have a minimum of C+ in KCSE, with C+ in both English and Mathematics.
- BCOM- Accounting Option or equivalent.
- CPA (K).
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting.
- Strong/excellent analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Good written/verbal communications skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Systems knowledge and familiarity.
- Ability to adopt to change quickly and to multi-task.
- Proven working experience of at least 5 years as in internal audit function.
- ICPAK Membership will be an added advantage.
- Minimum age of 35 years.
- Kindly indicate current and expected salary.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs as well as copies of certified certificates and testimonials to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm on 7th June, 2022 indicating the position applied for as the subject line or hard copies of applications per the specifications can also be dropped at the head office within the stipulated time. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted