Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- The role holder is responsible for executing the day-to-day tasks/projects of the Actuarial unit by performing data checks and analysis, experience investigations, business projections and valuation of technical liabilities for the assigned Line of Business (GI or Life).
- Coordinate with the assigned Segment in the preparation of valuation data.
- Timely calculation of accurate insurance technical liabilities provided for monthly financial reporting as well as carrying out Reserve Adequacy Tests. This includes preparation of reports on valuation results.
- Prepare data to inform embedded value and analysis of surplus calculations.
- Timely calculation of solvency on monthly basis.
- Carry out experience investigations as directed e.g. on expenses, Return on Assets, lapse rates, Mortality etc.
- Prepare input data for the annual business planning exercise, strategy reviews and for capital management/solvency purposes as well as Stress and Scenario testing on the projections.
- Coordinate with the assigned Segment in the preparation of data for the management and board reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Measures
- As described in your Personal Score Card
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- University Degree in actuarial science, statistics, engineering, mathematics, physics, economics or related field with strong emphasis on mathematical proficiency
- Progress in Institute of Actuaries examinations (3 papers)
- 0-2 years’ experience in a similar position
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Statistical techniques
- Proficient knowledge on the insurance industry in Kenya
- Knowledge of reinsurance arrangements and structures
- Knowledge of statistical packages or programming (e.g. SAS, Visual Basic)
- Database management systems
Unposting Date: 14-06-2022