Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for a competent Freight Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of our company. You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods, both the international and domestic shipment bookings (air and ocean). A great asset for a Freight Coordinator is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
Key Responsibilities of the role would include:
- Coordinate and execute all domestic/International import/exports shipment bookings in both air and ocean
- Receive pre-alert for the shipments (Air & Ocean), open respective files, and monitor the sailing schedules, vessel sailings and arrivals.
- Timely confirmations of internal Job to Job and Intercompany billing processes.
- Tracks shipment (Air & Ocean) arrivals/delivery and timely updating on the tracking portal as per set KPIs.
- Timely escalations in case of discrepancies on arrivals/short landing and delayed deliveries with carriers/other service providers.
- Regular customer updates on collections, shipping (Air & Ocean), and deliveries in a timely manner and set KPIs.
- Timely checking and approval of Pre-alerts to ensure that they meet the country’s requirement to allow effective customs processes.
- Ensure timely accurate billing in line with the set KPIs, observing invoice accuracy and any billing requirement thereof.
- Timely payments for all Freight collect movements and ensuring receipts are issued against the payments.
- Facilitate the handover process with 3rd party clearing agents in line with the agreed company protocol on handovers.
- Update all sect events and job notes in time in systems.
- Maximum Utilization of Agility tools on quotations and SECT updates.
- Express undivided high-level customer service at all levels of interactions with customers and professionalizing in engagements with the network and service providers.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Freight Forwarding – Air & Ocean
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and ISO requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Industry-related Certificate/ Diploma
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management, or relevant field
- competitive pay and benefits
- dynamic working environment
- learning and development opportunities
If you fit the requirements and are interested to join us, APPLY TODAY!