Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Principal Engineer – Backbone Transmission Planning – (22000317)
We are pleased to announce the position of Principal Engineer – Backbone Transmission Planning in the Network Engineering within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Senior Manager- Transmission & IP Engineering, the position holder will be responsible for management of TNP Team involved in Modeling, Planning, design, optimization and project management of reliable transport systems /networks in support of timely transmission requirements.
- Management of Modeling and planning of Transmission systems/network and respective capacity planning and analysis (DWDM, SDH Optics).
- Equipment planning and subsequent Transmission hub and BSS space management.
- Ensure Network build with 70% occupancy and 30% growth factor.
- Project management of Transmission projects from inception of plans to Projects handover to NM and management of transmission systems/equipment suppliers.
- Ensuring equipment space and power availability for planned systems.
- Ensure PO process is followed through, goods landed in time and RFI/S issued to right departments.
- Running of transmission/transport trials, equipment/system parameter checks and evaluation and subsequent recommendations for approval and adoption of new equipment, systems and technologies into the network.
- Ensuring Due diligence in products introduction to network.
- Liaison with Implementation department during site surveys and visits to ensure timely monthly rollout in accordance to timeframes set in Roll out process.
- Approval of transmission designs and plans for required bandwidth.
- Approval of leased bandwidth capacities or Tx facilities from third parties.
- Ensure proper test gears to subject new equipment to full suite of compliance tests.
- Ensure monitoring of all network elements is achieved.
- Ensure TX team is adequately trained to perform expected duties.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Higher National Diploma in Electronics/Telecommunications
- 5 years’ experience with 3 years specialized role in a busy telecommunications environment –Involved in installations /commissioning and planning of major telecom projects especially in the transmission backbone field ( Optical).
- Knowledge in Pathloss design tool, Map info, KMZ.
- Computer literate
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Project management Skills
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.