Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RLSF UNDERWRITER
Under the supervision of, and reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, through the RLSF Coordinator, the Underwriter’s key duties and responsibilities will be as below:
- To undertake and generate business through the promotion and marketing of ATI products and services on an on-going basis. This includes, but is not restricted to, leading on the promotion and marketing of ATI products and services for the Energy Sector;
- Contribute to the drafting of the underwriting guidelines of ATI for RLSF product, subject to ATI approval;
- Assess countries Renewable Energy Sectors and contribute to defining the strategy and conditions per country;
- Develop and maintain country cover notes;
- Promote the RLSF among potential investors and lenders, through different channels (partner web sites, brochures, conferences…);
- Develop commercial relationships, attract new clients and contribute to the commercial strategy
- Take Underwriting responsibility for specific countries/ regions/ sectors as and when required;
- Advise clients on ATI’s policies, processes, products and requirements;
- To screen and assess proposed transactions against ATI’s underwriting eligibility criteria;
- To issue non-binding indications (NBIs) on eligible insurance applications;
- Underwrite energy and renewable energy deals including the sector specific facilities – African Energy Guarantee Facility (AEGF) and the Regional Liquidity Support Facility (RLSF). To identify and evaluate all relevant commercial and political risks relating to proposed transactions and make sound underwriting recommendations to the Chief Underwriting Officer;
- To negotiate terms, and pricing and to review Insurance Offer Letters for compliance with agreed terms;
- To draft and negotiate proposed insurance policies for consideration and approval by ATI Senior Management, and support the Portfolio Services Team in administering and monitoring existing insurance policies;
- Support the underwriting team in reviewing and underwriting large/ complex, structured or project finance based deals (energy, renewable energy, infrastructure);
- Where necessary, to seek and place re-insurance among ATI re-insurers and other insurance companies in the international market;
- To develop effective client relationships, with a focus on ATI partners in the Energy Sector, including and not restricted to Donors, Development Financial Institutions, Developers, Brokers, Multilaterals, Utilities and Information Providers;
- To support the RLSF Coordinator develop reports for external partners;
- To work with the Chief Underwriting Officer and the Chief Financial Officer in claims determination and payment as well as claims avoidance;
- To work with the Chief Underwriting Officer and RLSF Coordinator in developing and executing an annual business plan and budget;
- To work with the RLSF Coordinator, and external consultants where possible, in developing suitable insurance or guarantee products for the benefit of distributed energy projects (e.g. off-grid, C&I, etc.)
- To perform other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, Economics, Banking or other financial service specialization;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Banking or other financial service specialization
- CII or CPA/ACCA (an added advantage);
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience;
- Technical understanding, expertise, and experience in insurance and re-insurance;
- A proven track record of success underwriting complex transactions or providing sector specific underwriting skills;
- Key Stakeholders management skills;
- Demonstrate ability to initiate ideas for Product development;
- Team leadership skills;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of policy wordings;
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to details;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines;
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Bi-Lingual communication skills in both English and French will be an added advantage;
- Strong people management skills; and
- Demonstrate ATI’s core values – unity of purpose, customer first approach, integrity, getting it first the right time and creativity.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit an electronic copy of the following:
1. Application Letter;
2. CV, plus details of your current remuneration package if applicable along with details of three referees; and
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Saturday, 02 July 2022 at Midnight East African time.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilateral. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.