Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I &M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY
The role will be responsible for providing high-level support to the Company Secretary and Group Executive Office in ensuring that the Group Companies comply with the relevant laws and regulations and best practice in corporate governance.
The incumbent will report to the Company Secretary and will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Company Secretary in ensuring governance and regulatory compliance
- Following up with relevant stakeholders to ensure board papers required for board and committee meetings are submitted in good time.
- Supporting in preparation and arrangement of board papers in the board portal
- Assisting the Company Secretary in ensuring timely dissemination of Board papers
- Obtaining appropriate and timely responses and feedback to specific agenda items and matters arising from Board and Board Committee deliberations
- Maintaining relevant registers including conflicts of interest and training registers
- Supporting timely preparation of regulatory reports as required
- Administration support for the board portal.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in organizing Directors trainings
- Carrying out research on various governance issues as required
- Supporting the annual board evaluation process
- Arranging for timely payment of Directors fees/remuneration
- Supporting governance and legal audit process and requests for information
- Keep abreast of changes in laws on corporate governance, company laws and other relevant regulations
- A University degree in Law
- Advocate of the High Court
- A professional certification in company secretarial
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience preferably in a large legal, secretarial firm or large organization
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks; be self-driven
- Working knowledge and experience of regulatory environment and key regulatory guidelines in the financial services industry with a focus on corporate governance, company secretarial and regulatory compliance. This includes CMA Code of Corporate Governance and CBK Prudential Guideline on Corporate Governance
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and confidently with stakeholders at senior levels
- Ethics and Integrity including the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strength of character and personal presence to be able to influence senior management and operate effectively at senior levels
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position. Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 13th June 2022.