Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR CONSUMER PROTECTION ASSISTANT POSITION
JOB TITLE Consumer Protection Assistant
DIRECTORATE/ Consumer Protection
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 8
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Consumer Protection Officer
a) Job Purpose
The position is responsible for safeguarding the interest of policy holders and beneficiaries, strengthening public trust and consumer confidence in the insurance sector. The position ensures that market conduct of regulated entities is in compliance with insurance legislations.
b) Job Specifications
The duties and responsibilities entail:
- Register complaints reported by policyholders and beneficiaries
- Attend to walk in customer enquiries and writing reports on the same
- Attend to telephone enquiries and writing reports on the same.
- Attend to email enquiries and writing reports on the same.
- Handle complaints from policyholders and beneficiaries, communicate decisions and regularly review companies’ complaints and generate reports on the trends for review by management.
- Generate reports on capacity building undertaken on regulated entities for review by management.
- Participate in logistics in the department such as organization for meetings, workshops and smooth flow of information.
- Handle the communication logistics for decisions made on complaints and disputes to insurance policyholders and beneficiaries.
c) Persons Specifications
- Higher Diploma in Insurance, Public Relations, Laws, Education, Information Technology, Customer Care, Business Administration or its equivalent with three (3) years working experience
A Diploma in Insurance, Public Relations, Laws, Education, Information Technology, Customer Care, Business Administration or its equivalent with four (4) years relevant experience
- Certificate in Computer Application
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution.
d) Competencies and skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiat-ed with the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : email@example.com
Applications must be received by close of business on 21st June 2022.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.