Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR DRIVER POSITION
JOB TITLE Driver
DIRECTORATE/ Directorate of Corporate Services, Administration
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 10
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Administration Officer
a) Job purpose
The position is responsible for driving staff and authorised persons to assigned duty stations, and ensuring routine checks and maintenance of vehicles is performed.
b) Job Specifications
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Driving the vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tyre pressure and brakes;
- Implement preventive maintenance of the vehicle by carrying out minor mechanical adjustments;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Observe traffic and safety precautions in order to prevent accidents and avoid traffic violations;
- Guard against potential loss/damage to Authorities assets and personal liabilities allocated for delivery;
- Safety of passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned to the driver;
- Request for petrol and ensure that the vehicle is serviced in accordance with planned schedule
c) Persons Specifications
- Have a valid driving license free from any current endorsements(s) for classes of the vehicles the driver is required to drive;
- Have the Occupational Trade Test II Certificate for Drivers;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D+(plus) or its equivalent qualification
- Have at least three (3) years previous satisfactory driving experience after obtaining the driving license; and
- Have a Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association of Kenya (AA) or its equivalent qualification from any other recognized institution;
- Have a Certificate of Good Conduct (renewable after two (2) years);
- Have a First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. Johns Ambulance or any other recognized institution;
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Competencies and skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organization and inter personal skills
- Ethical and integrity
- Team player
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiat-ed with the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : email@example.com
Applications must be received by close of business on 21st June 2022.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.