Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR LEGAL OFFICER POSITION
JOB TITLE Legal Officer
DIRECTORATE/ Directorate of Corporation
DEPARTMENT Secretary and Legal Affairs
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 7
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Senior Legal Officer
a) Job purpose
Provides legal, regulatory and compliance support to the divisions, departments and business teams, represents the Authority in legal proceedings, and effectively executes legal and operational risk management actions in accordance with the Directorate’s policies and procedures.
b) Job Specifications
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Supervising and guiding legal assistants in the execution of their duties as instructed by the Senior Legal Officer
- Identifies and recommends actions on legal and compliance risks
- Provision of legal advice and opinions on all aspects of law
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues
- Participate in legal representation and monitoring of legal matters in Court
- Participate in any alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms
- Receives and acts upon all court summons, pleadings and demand letters served upon the Authority
- Participates in the instruction, appraisal and supervision of external legal counsel representing the Authority in court, tribunal and other legal proceedings
- Updating the litigation register, court diary and bring-up diary
- Drafting pleadings, legal instruments, contracts, leases and any other legal documents
- Advising on legal issues arising in applications for registration and licensing of insurers and intermediaries
- Providing day to day advise the Consumer Protection Section in complaint resolution activities
- Participates in collection, collation, analysis and reporting of information on the management of legal and compliance risks
- Drafts articles for publication in the Authority’s legal and policy publications and write-ups
- Conducting legal awareness training for staff in accordance with the annual legal awareness training plan
- Participates in performance management, mentoring and coaching of legal assistants
- Undertaking any other assignment as may be required
c) Persons Specifications
- Bachelors’ degree in laws from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Licensed Court Process Server
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
d) Competencies and skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiat-ed with the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : email@example.com
Applications must be received by close of business on 21st June 2022.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.