Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR RESEARCH & INNOVATION OFFICER POSITION
JOB TITLE Research & Innovation Officer
DIRECTORATE/ Directorate of Research
DEPARTMENT Innovation Policy & Strategy
GRADE/LEVEL IRA 7
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Assistant Manager, Research & Innovation
a) Job purpose
The job holder will support the research and innovation Department in implementation of programs and projects as well as to collect, analyse data and writing of reports.
b) Job Specifications
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Support in Identifying project objectives, research methods, collect data monitor the activities of research teams.
- Support in carrying out research and reviews to anticipate market developments and innovations.
- Support in carrying out quantitative data analysis of existing secondary data sets and primary quantitative data, using Excel and/or SPSS or any other appropriate software.
- Support in organising, designing and carrying out qualitative fieldwork in different locations and contexts across the insurance industry.
- Support in conducting qualitative analysis of data through interviews, focus groups, workshops or other methods.
- Carrying out desktop research, using a range of methods and sources of data.
- Write research reports and carry out analytical work and offer support services to other Directorates on research and innovation related issues.
- Handle logistics in the department such as organization for meetings, workshops and smooth flow of information and programs
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Insurance, Risk Management, Statistics, Business Management or related Social Sciences from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Proficiency in relevant data analysis software (SPSS, STATA, R)
- Meets the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
Competencies and Skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiat-ed with the successful candidate.
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : email@example.com
Applications must be received by close of business on 21st June 2022.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities.
IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.