Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req28179
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi – Pangani, Kenya
The Finance Assistant has responsibility for supporting the finance functions for the IRC Kenya to adhere to IRC policies and procedures as well as donor compliance.
- Ensure all payments shared with finance are processed timely through follow-up for timely authorizations of payment requests in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Give attention to detail while processing payments to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Share remittance advice with supply chain for all processed vendor payments.
- Perform banking roles such as cash depositing and collection.
- Prepare cash and bank accounts monthly and submit for approval.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all processed payments.
Cash flow management
- Check all the bank statements regularly for any receipts and other peculiar items and notify your supervisor accordingly
- Prepare an up-to-date cash flow statement weekly for decision on cash needs.
Statutory deductions remittance
- Ensure that PAYE, NSSF and NHIF is remitted by the 9th of the following month.
- Ensure that all other payroll deductions (HELB, Life Insurance, Pension) are remitted to the respective institutions by the 9th of the following month
- Performed any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum CPA I qualification and University degree.
- Knowledge in Excel and ERP system an added advantage.
- Female candidates encouraged to apply.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.