Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The 2018 – 2022 World Food Programme (WFP) Country Strategic Plan (CSP) aims at supporting Kenya to significantly reduce hunger and malnutrition footprint through varying avenues including strengthening the social protection system. The CSP is derived from notable national development plans including and not limited to the Vision2030 and the Medium-Term Plan III; the 2018 Zero Hunger Review for Kenya; the National Social Protection Policy (2012); and the 2018 Social Protection Sector Review.
Under the 2018 -2022 UNDAF plan, WFP’s support to the government is framed within three broad components which include policies, strategies, and legislations; delivery systems and continuous learning; and strategic coordination and programme linkages. The activities embodied in these output areas are meant to trigger an increased coverage and sustainable financing for the social protection system. The foregoing is significantly timely, and its relevance has been reinforced by the COVID-19 pandemic and its related negative impacts.
Coordinate engagement of MIS systems that WFP help the government either buy or build e.g., the State Department for Social Protection, Senior Citizens Affairs and Special Programmes is developing a host of MISs for Social Protection with technical assistance from WFP. WFP has been technically supporting RAMIS, government Relief Registration tool. Specifically, WFP is providing financial and technical assistance for the scoping, designing, development, testing and deployment and subsequent enhancements of these Systems.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review and ensure quality for all outputs and related reports for the ongoing MISs development work.
- Work closely with the contracted developers and the government’s MIS specialists and ensure that scope of work is exhaustively undertaken.
- Manage software projects efficiently and deal with all constraints that bring risk in software development.
- Ensure appropriate training and documentation of lessons learned are provided to client departments as part of the handover and sustainability strategy.
- Co-lead in the scoping process and drafting of terms of reference for emerging assignments.
- Provide essential leadership for strategic roles such as the assessment of systems’ capacity to utilize sharable services across platforms.
- Works with county and national government officials as well as the contracted company in the decentralization of software systems that WFP is involved in.
- Gender and Disability data disaggregation: work together with Government and UN partners to assess the extent to which social protection delivery systems generate disaggregated data and indicators by sex, age and disability.
- UNLIA: Contribute to the evolving role of the UN family in Kenya for the UNLIA and actively contribute strategic ideas to support the linkage between social protection databases with national systems such as the proposed Huduma number database.
- Value for Money Analysis (VFM) analysis of MIS: work closely with the value for money analysis team contracted to assess the value of data in CCTP MIS.
- Technically manage relationships and technical aspects for contracted developers’ entities e.g., Development Pathways, the consulting institution that is developing the Government Social Protection MISs on behalf of WFP.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
The consultant will report and receive technical guidance from the head of Business Transformation Unit (BTU) and further receive programmatic guidance from Social Protection team lead. He/she will be expected to work closely with other colleagues in the SO3 and BTU teams.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A minimum of a degree in any of the following courses: Management Information Systems; Compute and Information Systems; Information Security Design and Development; Applied Informatics and Programming; Business Administration Systems; Applied Computer Science; and Information Technology Management or equivalent
Language: National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Governance, Strategy and Architecture
Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.
Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization
Demonstrates the ability to collate time, resource, and budgetary estimates from multiple stakeholders to design plans for complex projects, implementation activities and manages the change control procedure, while ensuring that project deliverables are completed.
Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.
Consistently monitors performance and delivers high quality technology and services to meet the needs of customers, taking responsibility for the design, installation, upgrading, operation, control, maintenance and effective use of IT infrastructure components.
Applies thorough understanding of the business, customers, new IT technologies and techniques to implement improved solutions and define service levels, standards and the monitoring process for client service staff.
Procurement and Contract Management
Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has coordinated and managed small or medium projects at HQ and field Office.
• Has assisted in change management procedures, activities and processes at HQ and field.
• Has assisted in establishing standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain or at a HQ and field Office.
• Has successfully performed installation or testing of new hardware for improving or upgrading systems performance.
• Has proven experience analyzing service management results and developing service enhancement recommendations.
• Has keen ground-level experience implementing IT and telecoms systems in emergencies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applications for this position will close at 11.59 (East Africa Time) on 19 June 2022.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for application is 19 June 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.