Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization, and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, and Uganda.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ) and report to a more senior HR Officer.
Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They support the collation, maintenance, analysis and reporting of information to maximise the effectiveness of HR services.
To support the delivery of a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: Typically one or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
• Ability to support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
• Basic analytical ability to compile, maintain and analyse data, prepare reports and draw initial conclusions in support of work carried out by another officer; skills in developing sources for data collection.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
2. Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
3. Contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements.
4. Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
5. Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
6. Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
7. Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
8. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
9. Conduct straight forward data analysis under close guidance of a senior HR Officer, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements.
10. Other as required.
This position will play a key role under Talent Management (career development/succession planning), performance management and drive organizational culture transformation within the region and regional office.
- Support by ensuring performance of all staff are well managed , analyse performance management outputs to help develop and implement performance improvement and capacity building plans.
- Responsible for managing, updating and tracking data analytics in relation to Performance and Culture for quality reports to help make informed decisions
- Support with establishment of people performance best practice and practical experiences.
- Provide support to all staff by encouraging use of organizational tools to inculcate a culture of feedback across the organization.
- Responsible for supporting line managers on performance management of their teams.
Culture and Engagement
- Lead the teams in Internalizing living & embedding the WFP inspirational Values and People Policy.
- Develop and implement an engagement roadmap incorporating creative initiatives to promote values of team cohesion, enhance cross functional team working, open 2-way communication and feedback.
- Support employee engagement improvement efforts and conduct periodic benchmarking
- Support Regional Office Workplace culture committee to drive culture change.
- Design a succession planning strategy for key national positions.
- Support with career dial sessions to support WFP National staff growth and development.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Fixed Term Contract
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16th June 2022
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.