Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
City eye hospital is a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in Kenya and is a member of the ACCESS eye hospital network in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a dedicated, dynamic, and experienced team of eye care professionals.
We are looking forward to onboard top and unique talent to support our venture of offering unmatched eye care services in line with our core values; God, People and Excellence. We have exciting career opportunities as detailed below;
|Our Ref:||CEH/HR/REC/012/2022||Terms of Engagement||Permanent|
|Role:||Biomedical Technician||Place of work:||City Eye Hospital- Main Hospital but supporting other Branches and centers|
|Reporting to:||Patient Care Manager||No. of Vacancies||1|
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the incumbent shall be tasked with of overseeing the care and use of all biomedical equipment in the hospital performing machinery repairs, and training staff on the correct use of equipment
- Performing routine maintenance checks on biomedical equipment through testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting.
- Installing new biomedical equipment and calibration according to medical specifications.
- Conducting of routine technical and safety of machines.
- Training staff members to operate and care for equipment with physical demonstrations and educational presentations.
- Updating the inventory, placing orders, and verifying deliveries of biomedical equipment.
- Trouble shooting and diagnosing reported bio medical machinery breakdowns.
- Repairing faulty machinery on a routine basis and tending to emergency repairs as needed.
- Keeping a digital record of equipment repairs, faulty components, and recalibrated devices.
- Ensuring that all equipment meets company standards of safety and quality and follows relevant laws.
- Performing any other responsibility that may be given by the Line Manager or any other person placed in authority over them.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Diploma or higher in bio medical engineering or technology from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years’ experience as a bio medical technician in a busy hospital set up
- Experience in working with eye medical equipment
- Proficiency in use of computers
- Driving Licence class BCE (shall be an added advantage)
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Exceptional knowledge of the structure and uses of biomedical equipment.
- Solid technical skills and the ability to repair machinery with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex information in layman’s terms.
- Ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced medical environment.
- Willing to contribute to areas beyond formal job description
- Willingness to work a variety of hours as the business demands, including occasionally late nights & weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel to all parts of Kenya.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
being “Biomedical Technician” – CEH/HR/REC/012/2022’’. These should reach us on or before 17th June 2022. The application must include;
- An up-to-date CV, not more than 4 pages long, with the current and expected remuneration indicated in the CV.
- A one-page document in PDF format explaining how their personality aligns to the core values of City Eye Hospital.
We are committed to grant you a great applicant’s experience, and we do not discriminate against gender, religion, marital status or any other diversities. All applications shall be accorded due consideration but due to the high volume of the same that we receive, we shall only be able to contact the shortlisted candidates. Applicants who fail to adhere to the application criteria indicated and do not meet the qualifications highlighted shall automatically be disqualified.