Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, DRC and Southern Sudan, Equity Bank is now home to more than 11.5 Million customers, the largest customer base in the Eastern African Region. The Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below:-
The role holders will be responsible for providing legal advice in the area of regulatory compliance, litigation, contracts management and other legal advisory services.
- Assist the Legal Manager in ensuring statutory and contractual compliance by the Bank.
- Drafting and vetting of legal contracts and service level agreements.
- Managing the legal risk of the Bank.
- Liaising with the Bank’s Legal service providers and ensuring external legal activities are coordinated effectively.
- Prepare legal queries and facilitate solicitation of legal opinions from external counsel to identify legal and regulatory risks and issues.
- Provide legal advice in connection with the functions of the Bank generally and liaise with external legal counsel on legal matters.
- Provide periodical reports on activities and tasks undertaken.
- Assist in managing the legal transactions, cases and issues of the Bank.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognized university;
- Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law;
- Certificate of Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya;
- Possess current year’s practicing certificate;
- 3 years post admission work experience in a commercial bank or a busy law firm acting for banks and financial institutions;
- Wide knowledge of the Regulatory environment in Kenya.
- Additional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Jun 15, 2022