Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR CORPORATE AFFAIRS
Position: Director Corporate Affairs
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Department: Corporate Affairs
Grade: IGRTC Grade 2
Salary Scale: KES 215,964.00 – 318,231.00
House Allowance: KES 60,000.00
Commuter Allowance: KES 20,000.00
Leave Allowance: As per the existing allowances in the Committee
Annual Leave: 30 working days
Medical Cover: As per the existing scheme in the Committee
Terms of Service: Six years’ renewable once
This position is responsible for providing strategic and operational management in the implementation of the corporate directorate services including Finance, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, ICT, Administration, Communication and Transport to facilitate the delivery of the Committee’s mandate.
- Design and oversee the implementation of the Directorate’s strategies and policies to facilitate the Committee’s programs and activities
- Facilitate the establishment of, procedures and guidelines for all Committee’s functions for the achievement of the requirements of the Committee in consultation with CEO.
- Ensure development of key policies and strategies for respective support divisions.
- Manage the budgeting process for the Committee.
- Develop key accountability measures, set targets for the Secretariat and appraise staff against agreed set targets.
- Advise the Committee on reforms and change initiatives in support services.
- Plan and manage the corporate services functions of the committee.
- Coordinate the day-to-day management of the Committee’s Corporate Services function.
- Monitor and ensure effective and efficient performance of all the co-functions of corporate services.
- Ensure compliance with the approved work plans, budget and execution timelines.
- Ensure the directorate is adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel.
- Facilitate preparation of proposals for resource mobilization.
- Integrate appropriate technology in support services.
- Direct the overall logistics and fleet management for the Committee.
- Oversee the annual accounting process for the Committee in line with the requirements of the Public Finance Management Act and other standards and regulations.
- Direct development of a reporting system for result management of all support services.
- Review findings on monitoring and evaluation of all support functions with a view to recommending areas of improvement to the CEO.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to observe and understand business processes; ensure processes are documented completely and accurately;
- Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Management, Human Resource Management, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Communication, Public Policy and Management, Leadership and Governance/Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Kenya
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- Be a member of a professional body in good standing
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and attach clearance certificates from DCI- Certificate of good conduct, EACC, HELB -Compliance Certificate, KRA – Compliance Certificate and CRB
– Clearance Certificate
Previous relevant work experience required.
Have at least ten (10) years professional experience in public service three (3) of which should be in the level of Deputy Director or an equivalent senior management.
Have served in a reputable organisation for ten (10) years, five (5) of which should be in a senior management position.
- Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and attach all relevant clearance certificates when submitting their applications.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- IGRTC is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Committee on or before 4th July 2022, latest 5.00 pm
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications to;
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee
Parklands Plaza, Chiromo Lane/Muthithi Road Junction, Westlands
P.O Box 44880-00100
Through email; firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject of the email “Director Corporate Affairs”