Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB INDENT FOR TRANSPORT OFFICER
Position: Transport Officer
Report to: Director Corporate Affairs
Grade: IGRTC Grade 8
Salary Scale: KES 57,431.00-84,625.00
House Allowance: KES 28,000.00
Commuter Allowance: KES 6,000.00
Leave Allowance: As per the existing allowances in the Committee
Annual Leave: 30 working days
Medical Cover: As per the existing scheme in the Committee
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
This position is responsible to provide transport and logistical support in implementation of the activities of the Committee. The position is responsible for managing and administering transport services for the organization.
- Supervise drivers and ensure they are in line with the norms and standards of Government vehicles operations and circulars.
- Make fuel consumption reports against the mileage.
- Make reports for motor services to the administration and report any breakages.
- Keeping work tickets and related documentation for the vehicles assigned to oversee.
- Oversee the maintenance of security measures of vehicles on and off the road, safety of the passengers including baggage.
- Supervising the drivers and making sure they maintain cleanliness of vehicles and submitting reports as required.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles’ cooling and oil systems, electrical systems, tyre pressure, brakes and general functioning of vehicles.
- Assigning drivers to specific vehicles and ensuring that they only drive the vehicle as authorized.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a fleet management system.
- Develop fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies.
- Prepare annual budgets and periodic reports on operating costs.
- Advice on purchase or hiring of vehicle and related equipment.
- Direct fleet related risks management training, such as safety and accidents prevention programs and negotiate insurance matters.
- Report and control over-maintenance, repair, replacement and disposal of vehicles
- Identify training needs for drivers and liaise with the HR department to organize for trainings
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to observe and understand business processes; ensure processes are documented completely and accurately;
- Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Have demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Have knowledge of professional standards in transport/fleet management
- Bachelors’ degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a relevant social sciences field from a recognized university.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and attach clearance certificates from DCI- Certificate of good conduct, EACC, HELB –
Compliance Certificate, KRA – Compliance Certificate and CRB – Clearance Certificate
Previous relevant work experience required.
Have at least three (3) years professional experience in public service in fleet management.
Have served in a reputable organisation for three (3) years
- Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2020.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- IGRTC is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Committee on or before 4th July 2022 latest 5.00 pm
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications to;
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee
Parklands Plaza, Chiromo Lane/Muthithi Road Junction, Westlands
P.O Box 44880-00100
Through email; firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject of the email “Transport Officer”