Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADVERTISEMENT: CHILD PROTECTION CASE WORKERS
The Child Protection BID Officer is responsible for field level implementation, coordination of case management processes and monitoring and evaluation of child protection activities as well as providing leadership and guidance to child protection community workers and staff. Manage individual cases for children with protection concerns, deliver capacity building trainings for programme staff, community structures and staff partner agencies. To coordinate Save the Children program activities in the field offices.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Manage and support the individual case management and BIA & BID (best interest assessment and Best interest determination) development processes in the refugee camps.
- Provide mentorship and support to the community supervisors and workers through on the job training and guidance to enhance their case management skills and competencies
- Design a capacity building strategy for BID community workers and other stakeholders involved in the of BIA & BID process.
- Actively participate in interagency coordination meetings such as BID panels, CPWG and Case conferences both at DMO and the field office.
- Analyse training schedules for the BID and CP community workers and provide technical support and guidance for effective implementation of BID/BIA process.
- Ensure timely management of data and documentation of cases at camp level; and through coordination with MEAL assistants ensure children records, data are accurately recorded in the CPIMS database and updated regularly with case progress.
- Contribute to the design of an overall programme contingency plan when needed.
- Provide BID and Child Protection Supervisors with technical support regarding complex cases or specific technical difficulties.
- Produce timely progress reports, including both quantitative and qualitative information, on Child Protection activities and input into regular situation reports, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure correct management of BID/BIA documentation at camp level.
- Manage and coordinate the planning of the Camp Child Protection activities to ensure minimal disruption to programme activities-Including staffing issues and office administration; to ensure effective management of programme resources.
- Facilitate regular interviews and home visits with relevant persons who can give information on the child (the child, his/her family, leader, teacher, neighbour…)
- Participate in camp level interagency meetings and engage in the identification and building of linkages with other partners/agencies, the Government and the community to ensure that issues related to child protection are raised and addressed.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Manage BID and CP community workers staff annual leave and time off ensuring minimal disruption to programme activities
- Collect required data and coordinate with the MEAL team on a monthly basis and ensure data is correctly captured
- Identify and build links with other partners, ensuring that issues for child protection are raised and addressed
- Coordinate the identification, follow up of children in alternative care and , monitoring of foster parents/Guardianship
- Ensure the placement of children in alternative care adhere to SCI procedure and with the Kenya alternative care guidelines(Guidelines for Alternative Care of Children in Kenya)
Program Planning and implementation
- With the support of the Child protection coordinator, Develops a feasible, coherent time bound and detailed implementation plan for all active grants.
- Timely implementation of multiple project activities and ensuring accurate and timely expenditure.
- Under the support and guidance of the Child protection Coordinator, coordinate plans for the implementation of the project activities in all camps.
- Work with the Child protection Coordinator and other team members and sister departments to develop project implementation and procurement plans
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the approved work plans and with the involvement of partners and concerned stakeholders at all levels
- Participate and/or take lead in joint activities such as distributions and assessments as and when assigned.
- Conduct regular data collection using existing tools in order to track project performance on indicators and measure overall impact and for donor reporting purposes and make recommendations on the improvement of these tools
Reporting, Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Ensure monthly, weekly and quarterly reports are submitted in good time and meets the quality standards.
- Effective use of the quality benchmarks.
- Ensure project activities are implemented in the most efficient, cost effective and sustainable manner without compromising quality and Save the Children’s value for money
- Ensure that good practices and lessons are documented and shared with the MEAL team and the Child protection team for replication and wider dissemination
- Identify and contribute to development of case studies and success stories to ensure milestones are documented and reported on.
- Ensure that field based monitoring data and information is collated regularly and made available to Child protection Coordinator and the MEAL Team for data entry, reporting and monitoring purposes
- Work with the Child protection Coordinator and the MEAL Team to prepare and/or revise project monitoring tools (LOGFRAME, IPTT, MEAL PLANs) to track indicators and monitor achievement of objectives and impact of the program
- Travel to all project sites to conduct regular monitoring of projects quality together with other project team members
- Filling of forms and quality data collection using the CPIMS forms
- In collaboration with the MEAL Team, focus on project data collection to generate practical information that can be used for ongoing program decision-making while also capturing results at the impact level
- Assist the Child protection Coordinator in preparation of periodic progress reports in a timely manner for both internal and external use (monthly sitrep, quarterly and final reports)
Partnerships and coordination
- Develop partnerships and rapport with the refugee community structures to enhance community participation, ownership and sustainability of programmes by orienting them on the project goals and to solicit their involvement in the implementation of the project especially in case management and implementation of the community based child protection systems and activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other aid agencies, governmental institutions and other child protection organizations in order to promote cooperation and strengthen systems for children
- Represent Save the Children in interagency working groups and camp coordination meetings and partner training as may be required by the CP coordinator.
- Develop and cultivate team work both internally and within the inter-agency circle
Grants Management and Accountability
- Under the support of the CP coordinator work closely with finance and awards team to ensure effective budget monitoring for the project in line with donor requirements and contractual obligations, including Grant opening, mid-term and closing meetings.
- Ensure full and meaningful utilization of assigned budget lines in accordance with phased budget whilst ensuring quality and value for money.
- Ensure timely production of activity/events reports as well as monthly reports as per the agreed timelines.
Staff management and capacity building
- Ensure community workers are fully supported and managed, through coaching and mentoring.
- Develop SMART objectives for all line reports and ensure continuous performance management and review
- Develop leave plans and work plans that are In line with the project timelines and ensure close collaboration HR on matters staff management.
Program Support Operations:
- Closely work with support functions to ensure coordination, synergy and better working together for effective activity implementation.
- Submit movement plans, HR plans for refugee volunteers and community workers to the relevant support departments.
- Coordinate with other SCI programs/sectors to ensure integration and that the project runs smoothly and efficiently and draws from best experiences and lessons for improved programming.
Child safeguarding, anti-harassment and bullying.
- Ensure the safety and protection off all children through child friendly interventions and ensure concerns are managed using the appropriate channels.
- PSEA prevention and reporting is a responsibility of this role.
- Ensure programmes and activities do not put children and their families at risk and that risk assessment is done in all activities.
- Ensure all line reports (community workers) understand the child safe guarding policy and mechanisms for reporting concerns
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Dadaab
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Graduate degree in social work / social sciences, Law or equivalent with preferably 2-years work experience in social work, child protection and refugee context experience.
- Writing and documentation skills.
- Child-friendly, age-sensitive interview and communication skills.
- Knowledge of community based child protection approaches, preferably including experience in participatory approaches and child participation methodologies.
- Good IT skills including the use of Word and database software
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem solving
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Previous experience in working with IA CPIMS is an added advantage.
- Understanding of the dynamics of the refugees is essential
- Experience of working with refugee and host communities in a Somali context and other agencies that support Child Protection.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
- Fluency in Somali language is a strong preference.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Deadline: 20 Jun 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.