Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Humanitarian Information Management Specialist
The ESA Region is at the forefront of real time information and data management through the exploration and piloting of technologically innovative concepts across the different countries and has piloted and advised different global systems. We have a secured project looking at food security data analytics through the Jameel Foundation with an observatory being established in Nairobi in 2022. There is also another plan in the pipeline for a complementary data management project to take off.
East Africa has typically been the centre of gravity for humanitarian need in the world and projections suggest that it will remain so as the impacts of climate, conflict and Covid become apparent. Save the Children needs to modernize our approaches to humanitarian responses. Improvements to the operational and programmatic data analysis and usage will be a critical component in helping Country Offices across ESA navigating a future model of aid that is appropriate to them.
The IM Specialist will be responsible for integrating internal and external application data systems at a regional level, and devising technological architectures that help Country Offices improve their own data usage. We need a visionary expert who can understand the current challenges and provide innovative solutions. The role will ensure that the proposed solutions align with the organisation’s strategy, mission and vision.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Computing degree – MSCS, MSIT or equivalent experience
- 5 years proven experience of designing technical systems applications to globally renowned humanitarian and development organisations in multiple complex and conflict related contexts.
- Extensive prior understanding of Save the Children’s internal and external global structures.
- Experience managing, synthesizing and analysing emergency response data for 100M+ USD emergency responses.
- A proven ability to work on an enterprise level system based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS)
- Hands-on technical skills in the Microsoft BI stack, web development and C#.
- Extensive experience in: Frameworks for Enterprise Applications (ideally React / Redux), Node.js, Webpack, Babel and JS Test Frameworks (Enzyme, Mocha, Karma) CI, CD development environment, ideally with TeamCity and Octopus
- MS SharePoint development, customizing, workflows, Web Parts and Support Skills
- Knowledge of SQL Server BI and ETL processes (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS), T-SQL language skills, Scripting skills
- Experience with GIS data entry, manipulation, and presentation, as well as a familiarity with web-based interfaces in addition to thorough knowledge of ArcGIS and database management
- Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority
- Experience of solving complex business and technical issues through trouble shooting and analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Demonstrable ability to write high quality requirements / user stories
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Experience with UX/UI design including wireframe and rapid prototype development
- In depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental analysis methodologies/tools, including UML, use cases, process, and information flows
- Application testing and planning skills
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate MIS-GIS standards to meet business requirements
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Experience working in East and Southern Africa.
- Experience of exposure to the non-for-profit sector and/or developing countries
- Prior experience working for HQ level and Field level offices within the same organisation
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
Location: Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Deadline: 16 Jun 2022 – 23:59 EAT
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents