Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Function:Support Functions (SF)
To provide high quality and consistent HR Operational and Business Partnering support to the commercial organisation for East Africa and all other functions housed within the commercial operations office towards delivering maximum value to the organisation.
• Ensure that all HR processes and procedures are managed in line with Syngenta policies and local regulations/standards. Key to this regard is to ensure that all processes are managed within the ethics and compliance standards of the company.
• Provide guidance to Line Managers and employees on all the key HR processes areas including but not limited to performance management, compensation and benefits, recruitment and selection, disciplinary process, employee benefit administration, leave management and tracking, HR systems and new approaches, Kenya Labor Law and its changes, corporate, compliance and local policies.
• Promote HR programs that build good employee relations in addition to supporting employee engagement, employee wellness as well as Diversity and inclusion.
• Support all key people process areas including but not limited to compensation and benefit administration, leave management, recruitment and selection as well as On-boarding.
• Act as a point of contact for all employee related questions on HR topics.
• Assist in the development, maintenance and administration of HR Policies.
• Ensure accurate HR reporting and provide trend analysis and insights or recommendations to address key HR metrics
• Maintain data integrity including entering data into HR information systems (Workday) and auditing on a monthly basis for accuracy and compliance
• Contribute to HR and business projects as needed and lead the yearly HR audit processes for the site. Related to this, ensure timely filing of statutory requirements and compliance.
• Partner with the HR Lead to ensure accuracy of organizational structure within HR systems and ensure timely and accurate changes are made in the system.
• Ensure integrity and timeliness in payroll processing as well as delivery of payslips.
• Coordinate internal communication for all HR matters at site level.
• Documentation – ensure employee files are kept safe and updated appropriately.
• Ensure compliance to labor legislation with regards to all key HR process areas.
• Any other tasks that will be assigned to you by your line manager.
Critical Knowledge and Experience:
• University Degree in Human Resources/Business Administration or Social Sciences. Additional qualifications as Certified Public Secretary or Accountant or a Higher Diploma in HR will be an added advantage.
• A good understanding and interpretation of the Kenya labour laws.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar or related role.
Critical Skills and Capabilities:
• Stakeholder Management coupled with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain timely and quality service to all employees while modelling confidentiality, ethics and integrity.
• Strong customer service attitude with the ability to establish trust and sustain good relationships with all organizational levels.
• Familiarity and understanding of HR information systems, preferably Workday and Taleo.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision while modelling pro activity and innovation.