Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa based in Nairobi, provides direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda.
To support all OIM & PR activities in the region and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard and consistent operating picture of WFP operations and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organization. The job holder is expected to lead the OIM & PR workstream in the Regional Bureau, Nairobi (RBN) and operate with a high degree of independence and is likely to be involved in activities and analytical work of a high complexity and contribute to Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting improvement.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Experience: At least three (3) years of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge and skills:
- Specialized knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including substantive analysis and report writing skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Able to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Capacity to produce high quality products when working under pressure and with competing deadlines.
- Ability to adjust own communication style to different internal and external audiences and purposes.
- Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- High capacity for organization and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment.
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Programme Officer, Programme Cycle Management Unit, the Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Lead and manage the Corporate Reporting workstream activities, which include OIM & PR and Graphic design activities for the Regional Bureau for Eastern Africa region and ensure all reporting products meet WFP reporting standards for both internal and external audiences.
- Manage a team of OIM staff, providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Provide strategic advice, guidance and oversight to Regional Burear (RB) and country offices on the integration of OIM and PR policies in order to drive the quality, consistency and standardization of information management and performance reporting in the region and ensure corporate guidance is adhered to.
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting, through relevant OIM & PR training.
- Lead the coordination of the Annual Country Reports (ACR) process, in collaboration with country offices’, Regional Bureau technical teams, and Headquarter teams to ensure high quality and timely reporting to donors on results achieved and resources used; and chair the ACR working group.
- Collaborate with the digital team and provide programmatic guidance in the development of digital systems and platforms for effective OIM and performance reporting in the region.
- Review, edit and clear country office operational reports including country briefs and other sitreps; prepare regional operational and donor reports.
- Work very closely with M&E colleagues, to track perfomance and results across the countries to ensure results are reported against the Country Strategic Plans.
- In close collaboration with technical units in RBN Regional Bureau and Country Offices such as M&E, Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping (VAM), programme and supply chain, develop internal reporting products, for improved programme design and implementation, and external reporting products in collaboration with CAM, to demonstrate the role of WFP in addressing food insecurity and nutrition.
- Provide strategic support to the RB management to enhance WFP’s positioning and advocacy through development of regular information products, which enhance visibility of accomplishments and innovation approaches in the region.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- As required, during emergencies, support country offices in the preparation of emergency sitreps, organize and provide secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs).
- Perform other related duties as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Fixed Term Contract
Nairobi Regional Bureau, Kenya
12 Months (Renewable)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
June 22, 2022
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.