Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT YEDF GRADE 3: MSC/YEDFB/6/2022
Job Location: Nairobi
Contract Period: 5 years renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Purpose of the Job
An Officer at this level will ensure compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015 and is responsible for procurement of goods, works and services, inventory management and Disposal. The Manager, Supply Chain Management will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the overall management and coordination of the Supply Chain function.
Specific Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee development, implementation and review of supply chain management policies, strategies, plans and programmes;
- Oversee implementation of Public Procurement and Disposal Act and other government regulations relating to supply chain management;
- Coordinate development of annual procurement plans;
- Ensure prudent and timely execution of contracts;
- Coordinate processing of tenders, market surveys and research;
- Manage registration and pre-qualification of suppliers, inventory and stock control;
- Oversee preparation of supplies expenditure estimates;
- Coordinate preparation of annual work plans; and
- Manage performance and building capacity.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) years of which should have been in Management;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Procurement or Supplies Management, Logistics, Commerce (Supply Chain Management option) or equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Procurement, Supplies Management, Financial Management, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Member of by Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional body in good standing;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Computer proficiency;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence in discharging Supply Chain Management function and managerial ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Details of Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements of the position can be accessed at the YEDF website:
Qualified applicants should send their applications and testimonials to:
Youth Enterprise Development Fund Board 4th Floor, Renaissance Corporate Park Upper Hill
P.O. Box 48610-00100
The position reference number MUST be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications MUST include application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees and their daytime contacts and must indicate current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant certificates and testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport. Applications must be received not later than 5pm on 28th June, 2022. Those who had applied earlier are encouraged to reapply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified. Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
Youth Enterprise Development Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.