Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Manager, Resource Development, Office of Provost – (220000X9)
Department: Resource Development
Entity: Aga Khan University
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research, and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. http://www.aku.edu
The Aga Khan University’s School of Nursing and Midwifery (SONAM) and the Medical College (MC) are key entities in a robust ecosystem for healthcare education, research, delivery, and innovation. To achieve its mission to prepare change-makers in healthcare, advance health solutions to optimize care for all, and foster healthy, equitable communities, SONAM and MC have a $12 million goal to cultivate philanthropic support for scholarships. The Senior Manager, Resource Development is a critical player in achieving that goal to expand our major gifts capacity and grow philanthropic revenue. As a frontline fundraiser, the Senior Manager’s primary function is to build the pipeline of major gift donors and deliver proposals to support the fundraising efforts.
Reporting to the Director, Principal Gifts, and the Vice-Provost for East Africa, and working closely with key academic leaders, and volunteers, the Senior Manager, Resource Development will use their keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities by developing and implementing a comprehensive plan for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and engagement of donors contributing gifts of KSh. 200,000 or greater to support the University’s Undergraduate Nursing (UGNE) and Undergraduate Medicine (UGME) programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, written, fundraising plan.
- Research, identify and prioritize donor prospects for solicitation of targeted financial support.
- Personally, manage a growing portfolio from 50 to 100 gift prospects: devise cultivation, solicitation, and closure strategies for each prospect for the purpose of raising funds for UGNE and UGME in East Africa.
- Draft and customize correspondence, proposals, and other written materials to cultivate assigned prospects.
- Perform direct solicitations independently, or in tandem with academic leaders or volunteer leadership; work collaboratively to maximize donor interest.
- Be accountable for the input of pertinent information into a database.
- Travel as required; attendance at evening and weekend activities is required.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the institution’s needs.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree required (in communications, business, or a related field), advance degree preferred.
- Certificate in Fundraising, Diploma in Fundraising, or similar qualification with a minimum of 5 years of direct fundraising experience in complex organizations.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge donor management systems.
- Experience writing grant proposals, and/or fundraising letters.
- Confidence with public speaking.
- Legal or accounting experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in raising six and seven-figure gifts and have in-depth knowledge of all aspects of a comprehensive fundraising operation.
- Show evidence of setting and achieving goals and have a successful track record of working with internal and external constituents as well as volunteer and committee management with professional demeanor, self-reliance, and resourcefulness.
- Exceptional communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate colleagues and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out effective prospect identification and assessment, engagement and cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. A passion for research.
- Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities.
- Motivated, professional, and organized, with a knack for research.
- Adhere to established protocols, such as AKU’s gift acceptance policy. Ensure reporting requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner; record and manage donor/prospect and event data, activity in fundraising technology system.
- Superior drive, a sense of urgency, and a desire to create and build.
- Positive attitude, empathetic disposition and demonstrated perseverance.
How To Apply