Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Application Deadline: 10th JUNE 2022, 17:00
ABOUT DOT KENYA
DOT is a youth-led movement with a focus on empowering youth and women at the bottom tier of the pyramid. We aim to support, at scale, underserved and disadvantaged young people, particularly women, overcome the digital divide by empowering them with digital literacy skills, 21st century skills, and self-confidence that will enable them to thrive and realize their potential in an inclusive digital economy. DOT Kenya has been running youth-led programs focused on sustainable economic growth since 2005.
DOT is seeking a skilled, creative individual to fill the crucial role of Communication Officer. The Officer will undertake the planning, development and delivery of DOT Kenya’s internal and external communications including website, stakeholders’ journal/newsletter and other member communications and publications in liaison with Learning Manager and other DOT staff and the implementation of DOT Kenya’s learning activities, which involves participation and delivery of learning activities.
Overall Communications Management
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement effective communications and marketing strategies based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, meetings minutes and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Assist in all enhancement, technical assistance, user training, facilitation, and engagement strategies on DOT’s Kenya social media platforms;
- Supporting staff in their work through online coaching, online community engagement, editing, and new media content creation;
- Responds to support requests from global teams and manages these requests with assigned priority for successful resolution;
- Collating and re-writing technical and official documents in a public-friendly and informative manner;
- Curate and archive all communications documents in a logical and easily accessible manner.
Online Community Management
- Day-to-day management of the DOT Kenya website, including updating and ongoing monitoring, gaining input from other DOT staff as necessary;
- To lead the research, planning and implementation of the longer-term development of the site to ensure it continues to achieve its objectives;
- Engages and facilitates online community development;
- Ensures that online communities are achieving their stated objectives and priority milestones;
- Create online content
- Assist with online festivals and event facilitation;
Design, Branding, and Images
- To develop, implement and maintain a “house style” in all DOT written communications.
- To develop, implement and maintain in liaison with other DOT staff and external consultants as required, strong DOT Kenya visual branding.
- To design layout, typeset and produce documents
- To develop and maintain a DOT Kenya photo library for use across a range of communications forms.
- To contribute to planning of and arrangements for DOT events, in particular regarding the design & production of materials and publicity.
- To represent DOT Kenya at internal and external events as required.
- To support senior DOT staff and external public relations consultants in developing media strategy, drafting press releases, responding to media enquiries and building dialogue with journalists.
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews with the media
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Collaborate with learning team and support capacity building of local communities, partners and staff on logical frameworks, communication strategies, website management, valuation methods and principles and report writing techniques and requirements for relevant donors to ensure compliance;
- Collaborate with learning team and lead capacity building of Youth Leaders during ILEs and workshops on Communications;
- Contribute to the development of Communications learning resources;
- Collaborate with the learning team to get regular learning materials for Communications team members.
- To develop, promote and adhere to best practice and to agreed systems and procedures across all areas of work;
- Participate in global/regional/in-country Communications team meetings;
- Undertake other duties as required commensurate with the level of this post;
- Undertake such other responsibilities as directed by the Learning Manager
- Work in a flexible way when the occasion arises so that tasks, which are not specifically covered in the job description, are undertaken
- Assess and take responsibility for own performance
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, public relations
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in sales, marketing, media relations, event management, communication or social and community development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge and exposure to a range of gender and development issues and the ability to evaluate and integrate gender equality strategic objectives into broader program strategies.
- Experience in digital campaigning and community engagement with proven ability to manage an organization’s online public profile.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint essential), and experience of working with multimedia tools.
- Above average knowledge and skills in graphic design and video editing
- Advanced liaison and networking skills and sound analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to travel for work
- Optional skills: Web design
What DOT Offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to make a real difference for youth and women around the world
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic international team committed to youth and systems change.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a copy of your resume (2 pages maximum) and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating the position you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.