Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No.
Human Resources Business Partner
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Human Resources Business Partner, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer, Jubilee Life Insurance Limited and to the Head of Human Resources. This role will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The purpose of this role is to provide HR advice on different areas and facilitative leadership within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The role holder will ensure appropriate interpretation and execution of the organization’s people agenda and will work closely with Business Heads to deliver the Business Strategy through effective people practices. The role holder will also provide strategic leadership to Jubilee Life Insurance Limited by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team.
- Implementing the agreed strategic HR manpower plan, recruitment plan and ensure that HR plans are in tandem with the business plans.
- Conduct and advice on staff recruitment, selection, placement, and succession planning in line with business needs and plans.
- Analyzing the skills and qualities required for jobs and in liaison with line managers, develop job descriptions for all staff.
- Partner with business lines to identify core business skills and implement agreed strategies to ensure that employees are adequately and continuously up skilled to match the skills requirements.
- Assessing the training needs of employees and support to ensure implementation of the agreed intervention strategies.
- Monitoring the implementation of the training plans in technical and non-technical areas of the businesses.
- Assessing the impact of training on job performance using various methodologies and submit report for management decision making on a quarterly basis.
- Leading in the implementation and service delivery in benefits management, employee welfare, leave management and exit management in line with policies, processes and procedures.
- Preparing and providing management reports for the Management and Board decisions in HR policies, processes and procedures while creating high standards in statutory and market compliance.
- Researching and advising on competitive compensation and benefits packages that are in line with contemporary market and competitor practices.
- Managing and monitoring Employee and Industrial Relations matters within the framework of the Kenya Labour Laws and advising management.
- Leading in the preparation and execution of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations.
- Ensuring execution of performance management processes that will improve performance and development of potential talent.
- Identifying, implementing, and benchmarking best practices in management.
- Determining & coordinating departmental reporting and communication requirements.
- Awareness of a holistic approach to supporting assigned units in meeting their targets.
- Experience of coaching managers, to buy in to HR and business solutions.
- Strong team player with the ability to quickly build effective working relationships.
- Strong Change Agent
- Strategic thinking.
- Proactive, confident, and resilient.
- Ability to develop & maintain highly effective relationships,
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Customer Centricity
- Leadership, Strong Planning and Organising skills, Coaching, and counselling skills
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resources Management, Bachelor of Human Resources Management, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences or any other related field.
- CHRP Qualification is mandatory
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Minimum of 8 years’ experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory role.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 14th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.