Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager- Organizational Development & Effectiveness
This role is responsible for development and integration of human resource programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage the review of the Authority’s Organization structures and updating approved changes in the structure
- Develop, manage and update as necessary, an establishment and workforce planning framework including a vacancy forecasting model, to provide informed HR resourcing and workforce planning advice to the appropriate decision makers
- Ensure ongoing development and delivery of organizational development processes which focuses on induction, learning and development, succession planning and enhanced employee performance.
- Preparation of concept papers, framework/strategy papers
- Oversee workforce analysis
- Develop and implement broad organizational initiatives and support corporate change processes and ensure approaches used build ownership of and alignment to change.
- Review and Develop Suitable Remuneration Packages
- Oversee the development and review of job descriptions and job specifications
- Design, direct and manage KRA wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Link HR management directly to the strategic plan of the Authority, and forecast HR needs for the future based on the strategic goals of the Authority;
- Provide expert advice on the development of organizational improvement initiative to senior management.
- In liaison with the appropriate managers and officers, to lead the design and development of new roles in the organization, to ensure they address the needs of the organization in terms of accountabilities;
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit
- Ensure maintenance of staff establishment, and organization structures
- Participate in the Workforce Planning Committee to ensure that decisions regarding the recruitment and retention of sufficient trained officers is underpinned by the analysis and data from workforce modelling activities and that all necessary information is available which enables appropriate decisions to be made.
- Develop and manage a set of systems and processes for effectively establishing the needs of the organization in terms of resourcing and workforce planning, to ensure that an awareness of the organization’s needs in these areas is maintained, and that action can be planned to address these needs
- Review and advice managers on job description writing for all positions and ensuring they are updated and maintained.
- Financial Responsibility
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Working Conditions
- Works in a comfortable environment – Office setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A degree in Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Diploma in HR/Post graduate Diploma in HR/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Membership to a Professional Body – IHRM
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 year’s work experience in a similar role and at least 2 years at entry level management
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Technological ability
- Tax business understanding
- Strategy design
- Risk management and analysis
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 21st June 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)