Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager- Training & Development
This role is responsible for managing the training and development function in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lead the identification of staff training needs, design and coordinate training to meet
- KRA’s current and future needs
- Develop and implement learning strategies and programs to ensure that employees acquire relevant skills and knowledge to perform effectively
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Annual Training Plan
- Oversee the design and implementation of staff induction programs in KRA
- Formulate, implement and review policies and procedures relating to training and development
- Oversee the management of Donor Funded Programs & Study Leave
- Oversee the management of Staff Bonding
- Oversee the management of the Internship and Attachment Programme
- Ensure compliance with legislative and statutory requirements in regards to training and development
- Maintenance of staff skills inventory
- Assess the impact of training
- Provide secretariat services to the Training/ Youth Attachment/Internship Committee(s).
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Develop and maintain staff skills inventory.
- Identify skills gaps and implement development programs.
- Develop and monitor the training budget and procurement plan.
- Assess the impact of training.
- Provide secretariat services to the Internship & Attachment Selection
- Financial Responsibility
- Development and Management of Training of Budgets
- Approval of Requisitions for Procurement
- Approval of Imprest/IOU
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Working Conditions
- Works in a comfortable environment – Office setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A degree in Human Resource Management or related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Diploma in HR/Post graduate Diploma in HR/Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Membership to a Professional Body – IHRM
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role with at least 2 years at entry level
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Technological ability
- Tax business understanding
- Strategy design
- Risk management and analysis
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Resilient, focused and results-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 21st June 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)