Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Officer- Customer Service Advisor (Sign Language Interpreters)
The overall purpose of the Sign Language Interpreter is to support citizen inclusivity at Kenya Revenue Authority by providing interpretation services to hearing-impaired customers.
The incumbent in this position is expected to acquire, grow and deepen customer relationships through excellent service delivery by serving walk in customers and customers with hearing impairment, and facilitating content creation for persons with hearing impairment.
Key Performance Areas
- Offer sign-language interpretation services as and when required/ called upon.
- Act as the first point of contact resolution for customers and ensure the delivery of quality service by projecting a professional and warm image.
- Provide accurate, valid, complete and educative information to hearing-impaired customers using the right methods, skills and tools.
- Encourage customers to participate by giving feedback using the provided service quality tools with a view of recommending process improvements for process re-engineering and excellent service delivery.
- Assist customers in accessing KRA services at the Service Centre
- PIN application with relevant tax obligations.
- Amend PIN details – initiate the amendment of registration details, validate supporting documents received for further processing
- Filing of returns
- Application of payment slips, waivers, objections, TCC.
- Complete data entry verification tasks for amendment applications.
- Execute business support initiatives to enhance revenue growth:
- Taxpayer registration
- Revenue enhancement initiatives
- Conduct taxpayer engagements, education and customer visits to increase awareness of taxpayer rights and obligations and enhance voluntary compliance.
- Ensure complaints are handled and recorded as per the KRA Complaints Management Framework.
- Escalate customer issues that need intervention of technical staff via the recommended service escalation channels.
- Ensure adherence to all quality requirements under ISO 9008:2015, Authority’s Service Charter, Customer Service Standards & Policy and work procedure manual.
- Prepare periodical reports as required
Education and Work experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- Practiced sign language or worked in a Sign Language environment for a period of at least 2 years.
Skills and Knowledge
- Sign Language Proficiency
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Numeric, oral and written language proficiency.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 13th June, 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)