Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tech Lead- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) – (22000325)
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the HOD – IT Infrastructure & Shared Applications, the position holder will be responsible for championing SRE practices within the department and run the operational excellence initiatives to ensure we meet our SLAs and OLA across the different service domains for the department.
In addition, He/she will champion Monitoring and Observability Initiatives within the department, run modernization programs and projects aimed at best-in-class reliable systems design as well as drive rigorous metrics related to systems availability, recovery metrics and Business Continuity
- Technical – Automation of operational tasks within Infrastructure and Shared Applications; Responding to platform emergencies, alerts, and escalations; Develop a fully automated multi-environment observability and monitoring stack and extend it to predict capacity needs based on the usage patterns; Build mature Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions to support operational tasks and systems monitoring
- Financial management – budget planning, budget rollout execution, vendor management, contract compilation & monitoring.
- Project delivery & rollout- Have an E2E accountability for program management.
- Ensure all stability programs are running and contributing towards eliminating incidents.
- Deploy conventional detection and containment measures to focused on best-in-class prevention.
- Leadership & HR management – lead the adoption of Automation and Dev-ops and ensure an engaged and motivated team. Build the skillset according to the fit for future program.Team performance management, Regular team and one-on-one engagements.
- Governance and compliance -Ensure that technical solutions are compliant to all documented Safaricom policies and meet all security standards.
- University Degree in computer science or engineering
- Cloud Computing Training and Certification
- Database Management Training and Certification
- DevOps Tools (Infrastructure Automation e.g Terraform, CI/CD – e.g Jenkins)
- Project Management Training
- 7 years in a Technology environment focusing in operational excellence.
- 4 years in a management position
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Knowledge of Linux and Unix Systems including Shell.
- Knowledge and use of config management systems like Chef
- Have strong programming skills
- Have experience with Nginx, HAProxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, or similar technologies
- Ability to use GitLab
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.