Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technical Product Owner – Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Automation – (22000309)
We are pleased to announce the position of Technical Product Owner – Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Automation in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below
Reporting to the Technical Tribe Lead-IT4IT, the position holder will be responsible for delivery in the Hybrid cloud infrastructure Automation squad within the IT4IT tribe. Hybrid cloud infrastructure squad is responsible in automating and orchestrating various aspects of Safaricom hybrid cloud infrastructure configuration, provisioning, and management. The job holder will work closely with cross functional teams in the squad to define the squad priorities, roadmap, delivery, and quarterly benefit reviews. The TPO will also coordinate knowledge sharing among the team members ensuring initiatives are rolled out with the right quality. The TPO will also steer developing the skills of all team members in the squad.
- Develops detailed product feature specifications and ensure they’re clearly understood by the development teams.
- Reviews and reprioritizes backlog in preparation for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners and earliest delivery of value to our customers
- Collaborates with the team to detail stories with acceptance criteria and associated acceptance tests
- Communicates story detail and priorities, ensuring the team aligns and agrees on the final iteration plan
- Understand the core technology platform capability and collaborate with developers in the best way to meet product objectives, acts as the customer for developer questions
- Collaborates with the Systems Architect to assist with decision-making and sequencing/prioritization of technical enablers
- Accepts stories as done: Validates the story meets the acceptance criteria and complies with the definition of done
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership: Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Actively mitigate roadblocks impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals.
- BSc /B-Tech in computer Science/Electrical and communication/ Telecoms, Engineering, or a similar field
- At Least 5 years’ experience as cloud engineer, Systems administrator, Network administrator or analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed windows and major UNIX/Linux server environment.
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and UNIX/Linux enterprise hardware and storage.
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, BDD and TDD.
- Strong data analytical skills, analytical thinking, attention to details and ability to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in working with Terraform, Ansible infrastructure as code platform to automate various aspects of infrastructure configuration, provisioning, and management.
- Experience in building DevOps pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Terraform, Vagrant etc.
Certification in any of the following Systems and Network or related trainings is an added advantage
- AWS Certified Solution Architect certification
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Virtualized Infrastructure Specialist
- Terraform Associate certification
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in Advanced Automation
- Scrum Fundamentals Certified
- Network certification e.g., CCNA, CCNP
- UNIX/Linux certification
- VMware certification e.g., VCP
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.