Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position is responsible for effectively and efficiently running of the claims department by ensuring prompt processing of claims by competent and motivated staff at minimal costs with an emphasis on service delivery.
KEY DELIVERABLES FOR THIS POSITION
1. Cost Minimization
2. Enhancement of company image through prompt settlement of claims
SENIOR CLAIMS SUPERVISOR
- Company:APA Insurance
- Location: Head Office
- Employment Type:Permanent
- Job Id:pg4hdAd2HA
- Date added:09-Jun-2022
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising the Claims Staff and ensuring that their performance meets the required standards
- Ensuring prompt registration and acknowledgement of newly reported claims
- Identifying valid claims by carefully analysing the supporting documents
- Ensuring that outstanding claims are reviewed on a semi-annual basis or as advised by the HOD
- Ensure that recoveries are pursued aggressively against the negligent third parties.
- Monitoring overall costs of claims department and ensuring that service providers are appointed only where necessary
- Monitoring performance of service providers to ensure timely submission of reports without compromising on quality
- Facilitating and maintaining cordial relationships with our service providers, brokers and prospective clients
- Ensuring timely submission of Claims Reports by claims adjusters, analysing them and taking appropriate action
- Ensuring that service providers are appointed promptly and that Claim Adjusters follow up reports from the providers as per the agreed SLAs
- Notifying Underwriting Department on any critical matters that become apparent at the claims stage
- Providing technical support to Branches
- Coordinating all audits with the concerned parties
- Ensuring prompt Sale of Salvages at the best prices
- Assigning work, supervising and providing leadership to claims officers
- Approving claims both on file and system settlements within allocated approval limits;
- Reviewing and revising processes in the claims section for adherence to the customer charter and policies;
- Providing the management with the necessary reports and constant updates on claims matters;
- Regular reviewing of reserves;
- Managing claim costs through strategic initiatives of the company to ensure profitability of the business;
- Managing stakeholder relationship as detailed in the manuals;
- Providing information required by both internal and external auditors to ensure complete and efficient audit process. Informing team and follow up implementation of audit recommendation
- Complying with statutory, regulatory and internal control processes at the business units including internal and external audit recommendations;
- Developing departmental budget and business plans to achieve the set company targets;
- Entrenching performance based appraisal of departmental staff in line with their set KPIs and departmental targets;
- Participating in company CSR and brand building activities in liaison with other departments;
- Training, coaching and mentoring staff in order to improve performance and cohesion within the department;
- Implementing interdepartmental SLA in liaison with other departmental heads;
- Participating in management meetings, projects and committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field/ Insurance option/Actuarial Science or an equivalent.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Interpersonal & communication skills
- Team player with high integrity
- Visionary Leadership
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership and Commitment
- Market Awareness
- A minimum of 3 years’ claims experience in a reputable and very busy insurance environment.
Send mail to email@example.com