Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is an African-led, regional non-profit research policy institute established in 2010 to help bridge the gaps between research, policy and practice in development efforts in Africa. AFIDEP is registered as a non-profit institution in the USA (with 501(c)3 status) and as a Non-Governmental Organisation in both Kenya and Malawi, with a mandate to work across Africa.
AFIDEP is in the process of strengthening the institute to contribute to the realisation of the SDGs and other development strategies by enabling the formulation of effective development policies and programme interventions. It is against this background that we are now seeking to recruit an analytical, critical thinker, logical and systematic individual to fill the role of Human Resources Manager for the institute.
Based at either AFIDEP’s Nairobi office or its Lilongwe Head office and reporting to the COO, the Human Resources Manager will have hands-on personal drive and ability to respond to issues efficiently. You will need to be analytical, critical thinker, logical and systematic in approaching issues, considering alternatives and in making decisions. The successful candidate will have excellent influencing, negotiating, relationship building and networking skills. As the senior-most HR professional in the organization, you will provide leadership and overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the Human Resources strategies, plans, policies and procedures to ensure they remain pertinent, innovative and consistent to AFIDEP’s mission.
- Develop and recommend to Senior Management Team, human resources policies and procedures aligned to the organisational strategy, monitor and ensure compliance;
- Lead Human resources planning process including identifying capacity and skills requirements for the core strategic demands and develop human resources plans;
- Manage recruitment and selection process;
- Develop and ensure execution of the institute’s performance management system; cultivate development of a performance driven culture to improve quality of performance to meet the institute’s objectives;
- Develop and implement talent management and development plan; staff learning for capacity and skills requirements for core strategic delivery for staff development and growth;
- Manage institute’s compensation and benefits;
- Manage human resources information system; and
- Foster a staff engagement and communications within the institute.
- Be a holder of a Master’s degree any of the following fields; Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational development or related field from a recognized university;
- Be a member in good standing registered with a relevant professional body where applicable;
- Have at least seven (7) years’ relevant experience in a management position in a busy HR department in an INGOs or regional organisations;
- Must demonstrable expertise in HR policy formulation and implementation;
- Possess knowledge and understanding of host country labour laws, HR requirements and employee relations practices; and will
- Have ability to develop and sustain linkages with development and business partners.
AFIDEP will offer to the successful candidate a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this exciting role, please submit your application electronically including application cover letter, resume clearly articulating your accomplishments, and contact information for at least three professional referees who can comment on your competence, character and integrity.
To be considered, your application must be submitted through the e-recruitment portal link: https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html and received not later than 21 June 2022 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited