Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP seeks to recruit an ICT Officer to be based in the Kenya Office, to manage the Information, Communication and Technology functions of the AFIDEP Kenya Office and also assist staff in the Malawi Office and beyond in areas. The Officer will provide ICT leadership in ICT issues, systems and services, external liaison and work scheduling, website management and routine administrative tasks among other things.
ICT Leadership in ICT issues
- Support management development and implementation of ICT policies and procedures advising management on ICT and ensure ICT system meets AAI needs
- Lead procurement of ICT hardware and software and Consumables to ICT needs
- Contribute to development of an ‘E-Strategy’ for on-line interaction and assessment resources
- Define technical specifications for all ICT goods and service purchase ensuring best value
- To ensure that relevant ICT systems items have requisite warranties, licenses and access codes
- To oversee the handling of ICT equipment by staff.
Systems and Services
- Manage, develop and document administrative ICT systems of servers, hardware, operating systems, network infrastructure and software applications
- Develop the Institute’s knowledge and understanding of security, software, licensing, data protection and other practices and legislation that relates to ICT
- Test and evaluate new ICT systems (software and hardware) and make product recommendations
- Co-ordinate the configuration of new and existing hardware and software
- Co-ordinate the regular and systematic routine maintenance of ICT items – servers, workstations and network infrastructure – so as to maximize their life expectancy, functionality, security and ensure Health and Safety standards are met
- Ensure the regular & systematic backup of data and recovery of systems data
- Ensure that computer networks are secure and protected
- Investigate reported faults, maintain records of faults and the undertaking of minor repair work where appropriate or operate agreed procedures should third party repair be required
- Liaise with staff, hardware and software suppliers and support engineers
- Manage broadband and email provision
- Ensure that the creation, modification and deletion of users, groups and rights assignment across ICT systems is carried out efficiently
- Ensure Management Information System (MIS), meets current and future needs of the Institute
- Assist in the development of managed learning environment, intranet and website, ensuring information is updated effectively and overseeing the technical management of these systems
- Responsible for the implementation of ICT maintenance contracts to ensure the highest provision of service and the supervision of external ICT contracts on site
- Oversee the ICT Technical support of all third-party systems such as IP Telephony and liaise with external support providers as necessary
- Ensure the operating systems installed are protected through the use of suitable anti-virus software and operating system patches
- Provide training and support to staff and other stakeholders in the use of the Institute’s system.
External Liaison and Work scheduling
- Negotiate and liaise with external agencies for works relating to ICT, ensuring technical specifications are compiled
- Manage and direct actions and work of suppliers relating to ICT and/or associated works inside and outside warranty periods
- Sensitively and logically schedule all ICT associated work to ensure minimum disruption to network services
- Ensuring the work of all external providers is carried out to an agreed high standard.
- Manage SEO by creating customized analytics solutions to analyze the Institute’s web data
- Analyze the Institute’s keywords using existing AdWords data and customized keywords for SEO and content optimization strategies to create the most effective links to the AAI website
- Develop strategies to have the Institute search results, including videos and YouTube posts
- document sharing sites such as Slide Share, at top of Google search results
- Prepare website SEO report from Google Analytics etc
- Update web content including text and images
- security configurations
- speed optimization
- update CMS and Plugins
- review style sheets, web standards, accessibility and browser compatibility and clean out outdated search results
- Regularly backup the website
- Assist in the development of managed learning environment, intranet and website, ensuring information is updated effectively and overseeing the technical management of these.
Routine administrative tasks
- Create and maintain inventory, including hardware, software and various items and equipment printer cartridges
- Document and maintain files of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Monitor and report ICT expenses
- Provide ICT budget and expenditure needs
- Keep ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the Institute
- To keep abreast of wider ICT developments which may impact on the operations of the institute and advise management accordingly
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the management
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or its equivalent
- At least Three (3) years’ experience in supporting users and Microsoft 365 tenant.
- A Certification in Microsoft 365 & Azure are Required (Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert or Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate)
- A good understanding of Azure Active Directory, One Drive, SharePoint and Teams
- A Certification in CCNA is highly desired
- Should have a good acumen in Saas and relevant cloud technologies (Box)
Special Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to act with integrity when under pressure
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
- Problem solving skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to apply new technical innovations on assigned tasks
- Ability to work long hours in the evenings and over weekends
How to Apply
- Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability to this position and a detailed CV including three relevant referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 17th June, 2022.
- Applications should include the title of the position as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.