Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req28289
Job Title: Training Coordinator – Africa Region
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IT Department:
The IT Department is part of the IRC’s Operations and Strategy Unit and supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure of the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world. An integral component of this effort is ensuring users have the knowledge and training needed to utilize our business systems effectively.
Job Overview / Summary:
The IRC is currently engaged in a project to implement a new Enterprise Resource Planning system (Integra) across Finance, Supply Chain and Grants Management functions in all IRC locations around the world. This project will retire a number of existing systems, bringing them into a cloud-based Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment.
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented ERP Training Coordination Manager to help us plan, organize, and track training activities and events for the global rollout of Integra.
This position holder will work closely with the Integra Change Management and Deployment teams to coordinate events and logistics for end-user training in IRC country offices and/or vendor training centers around the world. The Training Coordination Manager will also be responsible for tracking and reporting training enrollment and attendance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide real-time support to team members who are conducting or participating in on-site and off-site training.
· Liaise with facilities teams (internal and external) to ensure logistics are properly coordinated for all training events (PCs, whiteboard, LAN connection, room configuration, etc.)
· Manage training enrollment, attendance and completion using the IRC’s Learning Management System (LMS) or other designated medium.
- Develop marketing material and communications, in conjunction with other team members, to promote relevant courses or learning opportunities in a timely manner.
- Maintain a consistent and effective process for tracking and reporting training attendance and completion for courses and events.
- Maintain online training calendar for global training sessions, workshops, and other events.
- Manage training material translation, printing and distribution.
· Collect and communicate feedback and requests for corrections on training or knowledge resources.
· Participate in continuous improvement projects related to training or knowledge resources.
· Manage new hire training requests via ServiceNow (the IRC’s online help application)
· Run regular and ad-hoc reports as needed to share training activity.
· Transform raw data into meaningful and engaging executive style summaries/presentations, related to training activities.
- 2+ years of training or event coordination experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Excellent Project Management skills; ability to manage multiple consecutive events
- Strong attention to detail (excellent proofreading and editing skills).
- Experience in managing calendars using Outlook, Google, and other calendar tools.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing content on a Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Proactive and possess a strong sense of urgency in driving projects to completion.
- Naturally curious, love learning new things, and sharing knowledge with others.
· Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships across diverse groups of people and departments.
- May require some travel to international offices.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (or other ERP systems) or relevant Training Coodination.
· Administrative experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) or Content Management Systems (CMS).
· Experience as a Corporate or ERP Systems Trainer.
- Standard office working environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.