Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Vacancy: Transport Officer
Job Location: Turkana County, Kenya
Mary’s Meals (MM) is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
We continue to change the lives of over 2 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a School Feeding programme in Primary and Early Childhood Development centres in Kenya.
We believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
We desire that all who are part of Mary’s Meals should embed our values, safeguarding and acceptable behaviours that include Simplicity, Service and Stewardship”.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the below post:
Transport Officer (1 Post) – Turkana County
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Transport Officer to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana County.
Reporting to the Programme Operations Lead, the Transport Officer (TO) will be primarily responsible for ensuring that Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) Fleet Management Policies are adhered to, as well as the driving laws of Kenya.
The TO will be the primary point of contact for all our fleet related issues within the organization and will manage a team of dedicated drivers.
The TO will oversee the daily operations of vehicles, including scheduling of MMK fleet and services, ordering fuel, management of equipment (fuel cards, keys, safety gear, etc.), reporting accidents and filing claims, manage key suppliers in the transport and operations function and providing capacity building and training to all relevant employees.
Key duties & responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide or coordinate training for vehicle security skills to those using Mary’s Meals vehicles and motorbikes, orienting MM’s Drivers on responsible vehicle handling and usage skills.
- Enforce the use of the MMI Fleet Manual, SOPs, and local driving laws
- Train driving staff on key vehicle processes and procedures. Test drivers and authorize the usage of vehicles.
- Control vehicle keys, ID tags, and fuel cards
- Ensure that all vehicles are clean always inspecting them before and after journeys and signing out to staff. Complete DVIRs as required.
- Ensure all fuel and maintenance transactions are traceable and documented.
- Report all vehicle related accidents per MM Accident Reporting SOP. Prepare claim forms for insurer and follow-up on claims reporting.
- Prepare fuel orders and reconcile all fuel transactions at least monthly.
- Request, approve, and record maintenance/job cards.
- Update and manage vehicle assignments/allocation
- Sign vehicles in and out and ensure all journeys are documented.
- Manage contracts for all service providers in transport and related operation functions.
- Continuously liaise with other departments on their transportation needs.
- Organize transportation for all visitors, including transport to and from the airport, MM Offices, schools, etc.
- Schedule routine maintenance for vehicles per manufacturer guidelines, responding promptly to urgent maintenance request by staff.
- Inspect all vehicles post-service to ensure they have been serviced according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensure required documents (e.g., insurance, COF, etc.) are displayed appropriately on all vehicles, and are retrievable by the driver/MM.
Fleet Management and Compliance
- Oversee the correct installation of Fleet Management System (FMS) hardware and setup
- Perform routine checks on the FMS ensuring optimal functionality. Work with service provider to carry out repairs.
- Prepare detailed tracking and usage reports of the MM fleet
- Set-up/manage vehicle alerts (e.g., overspeed) and report information
- Investigate all vehicle alerts in-line with MM policies.
- Add/remove vehicle and driver data as required ensuring FMS is updated
- Utilize FMS reminders to schedule routine activities (e.g., vehicle service)
- Timely enter accurate data into the FMS as required by the Fleet Manual
- Review and correct exceptions reports, investigating all abnormal fleet data
- Use FMS data to recommend strategic decisions (e.g., vehicle disposal) Reporting
- Prepare monthly reports on vehicle usage, fuel consumption for each vehicle and mechanical equipment, investigating and providing variance explanations
- Compile compliance report on vehicles such as insurance, registration and driving licence validity for users
- Highlight, manage and timely escalation of all matters relating to security, risk and optimal performance
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- A degree in a related field, or a relevant subject or equivalent level of professional experience
- Previous experience of fleet management and driving duties.
- Advanced and well-developed inter-personal skills, with solid track record in persuading and influencing others
- Fluent written and spoken English and ability to communicate well across all levels
- Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability takes a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Background or basic understanding of vehicle mechanics, 4x4s, and motorbikes
- Clean driving license
- Understanding of the principles of international development
- Understanding of the place of school feeding in relief and development.
- Familiarity with using fleet management systems
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three referees) should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, 30th June 2022 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.