Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
inSupply Health is an East African health advisory firm that designs people-centered, scalable, sustainable supply chain solutions. We focus on optimizing data visibility and use, workforce development, and continuous performance improvement. We operate as a social enterprise, aiming for business sustainability while achieving our social mission. inSupply’s mission is to transform lives by co-creating innovative and sustainable solutions in health. We aim to transition short-term supply chain fixes into sustainable solutions that transcend specific projects or funding streams. Our vision is for African communities to set health priorities and collaboratively design solutions for health challenges, shaping their own healthy futures.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about improving supply chains and health systems, self-driven, creative, flexible, a critical thinker and focused on finding innovative solutions to complex problems. S/he is outcome-oriented and adept at driving business development. S/he has a track record in management and leadership, is team-oriented, has experience in mentoring and building capacity of junior staff and partners, and has experience negotiating and advocating with public sector clients for uptake of new approaches and strategies. S/he is entrepreneurial, curious, attuned to private sector trends, and is agile, and believes in continuous learning and in growing professionally and personally. The candidate is excited to actively shape inSupply’s growth and evolution as an organization. All staff at inSupply work across subject matter domain areas and projects; the candidate must have demonstrated experience with working across teams and content areas effectively and must be comfortable with the unpredictability that is characteristic of organizations in their startup years.
- Serve as a representative and brand ambassador of inSupply, including participating in working groups. Give and attend debriefings, conferences, and seminars as a representative and to disseminate our work; debrief and share key information appropriately within the organization. Work with the communications team to promote these activities, affirming inSupply as a strong brand and go-to partner in key domain areas in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Serve as an activity manager for one or more activity streams, undertaking routine project and budget management, and providing technical leadership to plan and oversee implementation of key inSupply Health activities in Tanzania or Kenya; track and monitor implementation progress, ensuring quality, accountability, and operational efficiency for key deliverables.
- Participate in learning and embrace growth-focused goal setting, be open-minded and willing to do the hard work of real learning and innovation.
- Model inSupply’s culture, values, standards, and critical behaviors to the team.
- Proactively identify opportunities for knowledge management internally and externally to document and share processes, successes and lessons learned.
- Participate in new business and strategy development, and play an active role in growing inSupply’s business and diversifying its portfolio through proposal writing, developing new service offerings, and expanding our network of clients and strategic partners.
- Supervise, manage and mentor staff, and participate in the recruitment of new staff at inSupply Health Tanzania or Kenya.
- Travel locally, regionally, and internationally as needed to guide and support the implementation of organizational and project objectives and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader in workforce development, capacity building, and performance improvement, including instructional and curriculum design, adult learning, and varied training methodologies. Ensure constant scanning of the environment, key players, and trends. Continuously engage with potential and existing customers to be able to evolve inSupply’s understanding of current pain points/problems towards developing robust, innovative, and future-looking approaches, tools, and solutions.
- Standardize the quality of inSupply’s capacity building and workforce development outputs by investing in and institutionalizing relevant and key processes and practices, and by modeling and mentoring the team in the key methods and tools that distinguish inSupply’s brand. These processes and practices include but are not limited to ensuring quality in the development of SOPs, curriculum, and facilitators guides and in conducting workshops and trainings.
- Demonstrate consistency and expertise in applying inSupply’s standard tools and approaches for problem-solving and solution development, including human centered design, adaptive learning and continuous improvement. Lead the way in incorporating these approaches in project and domain workstreams, ensuring a collaborative approach with other domain area teams and across the organization.
- Lead the development, execution of objective and key results (OKRs) of the Capacity Building domain to support organizational and strategic KPIs with a specific focus on workforce development and capacity building as practiced by inSupply.
- Implement individual staff PMPs/OKRs, learning, and development plans to build skills, and provide mentorship for professional and personal development to junior staff.
- Contribute to new business development and growing inSupply’s business with a particular focus on innovations related to the capacity building and workforce development domain that contribute to diversifying the organizational portfolio of clients and pipeline leading to sustainable revenue.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A master’s degree in a health-related field and over 10 years of technical experience in global health, or development.
- Experience building relationships with a variety of partners working in the private sector in Kenya and Tanzania is required. Experience working with such partners in other countries in the region is highly desirable.
- Experience with client relationship management and partnerships with members of the international donor community, including bilateral and multilateral donor agencies and private foundations.
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills, including the ability to energize, motivate, and support staff, consultants, advisors, and partners from different cultures and time zones.
- A proven ability to work as a part of a team; a team player with the ability to work well with people at all levels and across functional areas. Must be self-managing of own time and results, clear communicator with a track record of developing processes, building consensus, clarifying expectations, and facilitating decision-making.
- High levels of personal and professional ethics and integrity are required. The ability to assess and manage risks and strong customer service skills is strongly preferred.
- Excellent and proactive oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills (both analytical and problem solving) and the ability to distill complex ideas into simple language. The ability to write concise, clear reports is a strong requirement.
- Experience with blended learning models, e-learning platforms, and learning management systems is required; familiarity with content creation systems such as Articulate Rise is desirable
- Ability to travel 40% time, locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Ability to use cloud-based productivity, project management, and database apps — specifically Google Suite, Miro, Zoom, CRM platform, and Slack.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili, with proficiency in French highly desirable.
How to apply
This is a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Senior Advisor-Capacity Building. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. inSupply is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
inSupply does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted using a company’s email address.