Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIGITAL LITERACY OFFICER
Ol Pejeta Conservancy (“Ol Pejeta”) is the largest black rhino sanctuary in East and Central Africa, and home to the world’s last two northern white rhinos. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a sanctuary established to rehabilitate animals rescued from the black market. It has some of the highest
predator densities in Kenya and still manages a very successful livestock programme. Ol Pejeta also seeks to support the people living around its borders, to ensure wildlife conservation translates to better education, agriculture, healthcare, enterprise opportunities, and infrastructure for the next generation of wildlife guardians.
We are seeking a high caliber, self-motivated and dedicated applicant to fill the position of Digital Literacy Officer.
Position: Digital Literacy Officer
Type: Permanent & pensionable
Reports to: Head of Community Development
Location: Nanyuki, Kenya.
Closing Date: Friday, 17th June 2022.
The position reports to the Head of Community Development Programmes while working closely internally with other CDP staff and externally with donors and government educational institutions.
Responsible for all facets of the Digital Literacy Programme in particular the African Ruggedized Education System (ARES) offered to educational institutions. Additionally, the position has overall responsibility for socio-economic surveys carried out for all CDP projects in education, agriculture,
governance, and health among others.
The role holder will perform the following:
- Delivery of digital learning technology and provision of technical support to educational institutions in the ARES programme jointly implemented by Ol Pejeta Conservancy and partners/donors.
- Manage data for all CDP projects and provide technical capacity for conducting surveys for CDP programmes by developing frameworks, work plans, and metrics to capture project performance for accurate monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Provide ICT-related technical and utilization support to schools in Laikipia that are supported by Ol Pejeta Conservancy Digital Literacy program.
- Closely work with teachers in focal schools supporting classroom curriculum delivery by assisting in the development of teaching and learning approaches using digital resources.
- Ensure that ICT labs in focal schools are accessible and utilized for learning and teaching purposes at all convenient times.
- Proactively manage communication with donors and partners and manage and coordinate in-country visits for international teams.
- Proactively cooperate and liaise with the Ministry of Education, principals, and ICT teacher leaders in schools to ensure that ICT equipment and resources are properly maintained and in excellent working condition.
- Keep abreast with emerging trends and proactively improve and grow applicable methods and approaches on ICT integration in learning.
- Ensure an environment for smooth coordination of activities and needs across all project needs in line with other CDP units including the development of weekly schedules and reports for work and resource allocation to be approved by the Community Development Manager.
- Collect media including footage, photos, and stories as progressive reports shared with donors, partners, and the OPRL PR and Marketing Department for website content.
- Establish, communicate and promote, at all times positive relationships between OPC, focal schools, and the neighboring communities.
- Prepare monthly reports concerning the implementation of the ICT project by every close of the month, shared with the Head of CDP.
- At all times promote the vision and mission of Ol Pejeta Conservancy and its conservation aims and ensure compliance by other CDP staff.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to all company health and safety standards.
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required to carry out from time to time by the Community Development Manager.
Desired Education, knowledge, skills, and experience
• Minimum education: Degree in Education, Technology or any other relevant field.
• Experience: At least 3 years of teaching/training experience using technology and ICT resources.
• Key skills: Data analysis, report writing and communication skills, solid knowledge of Windows, Linux, hardware systems, and networking.
• Qualities: Team player, self-driven, and ability to work under pressure.
Applications, consisting of a covering letter explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post, a full CV, and contact details for three referees should be sent to email@example.com.
Please note, that only applications that total no more than four pages in length for the CV and cover letter together will be considered.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 17th June 2022.