Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
This is a senior role in the Kenya Field Operations department, reporting directly to the Director of Field Operations. You will lead a team of 500+ staff and oversee an operational budget of 5million+ USD to create 9million+ USD in revenue and 9million+ USD in community impact. You will lead the strategic direction, tactical decision-making, and performance management of the Nyanza Region.
- Create a data-led management culture with high degree of independence and results ownership
- Set growth and sales strategy for your operational region that aligns with country goals
- Customize the product and financing offerings to regional preference using the strategic advice of your team Specialists and Field network
- Design client and staff incentive strategy to improve loan collection in more cost efficient ways and motivate engagement
- Lead annual budgeting and cost efficiency for your operational region.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3+ years of experience in a front-end operational setting, preferably in one of our countries of operation (Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia, Nigeria, Ethiopia, India)
- Demonstrated ability to set complex strategic direction for operations
- Demonstrated ability managing a large, geographically-dispersed team
- English required, Swahili preferred.
Preferred Start Date
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya.
28 June 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.