Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Internship – Information & Communications Technology, Nairobi, Kenya
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is seeking to recruit an intern within the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Unit.The internship will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and is only open to Kenyan Nationals. Under supervision of the Head of ICT or delegated technical staff, the ICT Intern assists ICT staff to perform basic IT support work. The intern will gain knowledge as well as exposure to ICT systems and practical skills required in the modern job market.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the internship program the intern will:
- Assist with help desk calls, scheduling, and tickets management.
- Follow up on user requests and ensure timely resolution.
- Basic end-user support on technical issues covering Mac/PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android) and network connectivity.
- Under IT staff guidance, create accounts and configure end-user computer systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of IT standards and documentation.
- Under the guidance of IT staff, inventory technology equipment and software.
- Use remote tools for maintenance and support of ICT systems.
- Maintain audio and video equipment in conference rooms.
- Support / maintenance of IP telephony system.
- Other duties as may be assigned for exposure to modern ICT systems.
Education & Experience
- The candidate must be a final year student pursuing a degree course, or a 2021 graduate with no prior internship experience, with a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Familiar with Windows 10, Mac OS X and Office 365.
- Interest or demonstrated experience with computer hardware and/or software.
- Demonstrated interest in software development, data communications, or information security.
- Basic technical skills and aptitude to learn technology to support ICT users.
- Be organized and structured with work orders, able to schedule work orders in a timelymanner.
- Able to follow verbal and written plans and technical instructions with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Prioritize projects and services to minimize user interruption and down time.
- Employ a customer service approach and present information about technical issues clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer and standard software.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Gain hands-on experience in a busy ICT environment;
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals;
- Exposure to technology & systems commonly deployed in modern corporate organizations.
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will be for a period of six (6) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you deserve this opportunity, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to email@example.com. Please quote the internship reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 29th June, 2022.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer