Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited being a tier one Bank and a listed Bank in the Nairobi Securities Exchange is in constant pursuit of Financial Reporting Excellence. We are looking for an exceptionally motivated and inspirational leader who can think strategically; provide analysis and insights to the Business. We want to engage a leader with a high level of integrity, personal accountability, effective communication, creativity, and interpersonal skills with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.
Reporting to the Head Financial Accounting the role holder will be responsible for Group Financial Reporting, audits and accountability for reviewing existing, new standards and any modifications to existing standards. He/she is also required to ensure that the Co-operative Bank Group is adhering to regulatory prudential guidelines, adherence to International Accounting Standards, and International Financial Reporting Standards.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Champion the implementation of the Financial Accounting and Reporting best practices within the Group and Bank while acting as a center of excellence for International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and Practices.
- Champion external audits within the Group and Bank to ensure full compliance with regulatory and International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and Practices whilst ensuring adherence to timely completion of the external audit within the set audit plan.
- Work closely with the Finance units, Portfolio Management and other units within the Group to ensure full adherence with International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and Practices.
- Review any new standards, or changes in standards and champion the implementation of the standard in the Bank’s systems ensuring full compliance with International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and Practices.
- Review application of existing standards, identify gaps and recommend any opportunities to improve financial reporting of the Bank and Group.
- Review Group and Bank’s Financial statements and ensure full compliance with International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and Practices in all aspects.
- Review the Group and Banks Annual report and integrated report and recommend improvements in line with international Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and Practices and assist in applying for the annual financial reporting standards awards in conjunction with the investor relations team.
- Keep abreast with new and emerging global and regional Banking regulatory requirements and reporting standards.
- Carry out trainings of the new standards to Finance and other related departments.
- Oversee the accounts receivable function and other Financial Accounting functions that may be allocated from time to time.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- A degree in Business, Finance, economics or business-related course equivalent from a recognized institution/ University with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in external audit and Financial Accounting Advisory especially within the Banking Industry and/or in Consultancy.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA(K) or ACCA and a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK) in good standing.
- CISA qualifications and experience in information systems will be an added advantage.
- Excellent understanding of auditing concepts and excellent knowledge of International Accounting Standards, International Financial Reporting Standards and CBK prudential guidelines.
- Excellent attention to details, strict adherence to deadlines and organizational skills.
- Analytical ability both qualitative and quantitative to draw sound conclusions coupled with demonstrated knowledge and proper application of judgement.
- Excellent report writing & presentation skills, influencing skills, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and succinctly to a non-technical audience.
- A good grasp of lending policies and principles and experience in Credit Audit engagements will be an absolute advantage.
How to apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number FRSM/FSD/2022 by 30th June 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer.